1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help: Record FIFA World Cup games

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rage, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rage

rage Member

Would someone help me with a recording problem, pls?

I have the Comcast Digital box's video/ audio out (RCA connector) connected to my DVD recorder.
    The box also has an HDMI connector which I connect to my TV.

If I turn the TV on, I could record on my DVD recorder.
    If I turn the TV off, it only record sound and an error message says the HDMI input was blocked.
    I don't want to have to turn on my TV to record. What can I do?
    Thanks.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's odd. I have a U-verse Motorola cable box, and it lets me output RCA to my dvd recorder and HDMI to my TV at the same time. :( I can't help you there.

Perhaps you could post the model of the cable box? :confused:

3. rage

rage Member

The box I have is Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250 HDC.
    It does send separate outputs to my DVD recorder and TV. At least that is how I have it connected.

The problem is if I turn off my TV, the signal goes to the DVD recorder is also blocked.

When I watch the game, I can record it.

The problem is the games which will come on when I am at work. I do not want to leave the TV on if I don't have to.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

5. rage

rage Member

I guess either no one uses HDMI or no one is recording the game with DVD recorder. :)

I will try other type of connections.