1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP!! NBA League Pass and Dish Network.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sonalikumar, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

quick question, what are the HD league pass channel numbers for Dish?

2. Just2MuchHype

Just2MuchHype Member

the hd channels are 9000 something. This is getting so wierd the free preview ended on Tuesday yet they still are showing games. Whats even stranger is that I scrolled up to next week and they are still games scheduled on the guide and some are even in HD is this a good sign?

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

yep, nba lp was still on dish yesterday. it was supposed to end on Tue. let's see how it is going today.

i agree with you. it might indicate dish is aggressively pushing to get the negotiation done. it might be a good sign.

4. Just2MuchHype

Just2MuchHype Member

It is still working on dish network and i haven't paid a cent

5. i3artow i3aller

Anyone else having a problem with the broadband feed for league pass? I went on just now to check Iversons debut and it won't load past 98 percent? Any idea why or what I could do to fix this in time for the Rockets game?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Everytime I see this thread bumped I get the false hope that DISH got the deal done.

7. kryten128

kryten128 Member

I am having this same problem for the past 5 days except mine stops at 92%.

And I actually paid $85 for the full season pass as well.

When I checked with customer service 5 days ago, they said they knew of the problem and were working on it. Now 5 days later, NOTHING...

This is unacceptable and a rip-off.

8. bbnaf

bbnaf New Member

Hi you should check you Lp channels if you are using Dish they turned mine off today. I am switching to direct. They can,t hook it up until the 19th. They said I could use Broadband while I am waiting. Good Luck.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i switched to directv and they installed it on friday.

what has made me happy was that like dish directv has a hd channel for each nba league pass channel but at least so far i have been able to get every game i have tried to watch in HD whereas on dish i would get maybe 1-2 games per night in hd.

10. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

I am getting really mad at Broadband LP. It loads up to 98% and stops- couldn't watch the Clippers game. I tried to empty cache/history like the FAQ suggests (on both browsers). I have a Mac and use Safari and FireFox.

Any ideas? Thanks.

11. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

well thats strange, because I still got all the LP games today for free on DISH. anyone else with dish care to comment if they are/aren't getting the games still?

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Still getting my free preview !

13. acerockets

acerockets Member

i used to get hardly any game
    now i got league pass :)

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I think Dish is giving the free preview until they get their contract negotiations squared away with the NBA. At least that's what I read on another web site.

15. bronxfan

i suspect that also....but either way i'd like it to be resolved so I know whether to consider the switch to direct tv...

16. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I too am still getting the games.

17. bronxfan

so are those of you with dish network still getting the "free preview"? (i've been too busy the last 2 days to check)

18. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

yes. as of nowwww

19. bronxfan

well i guess they made a deal....

i noticed on my dish network account that they charged me for the first installment yesterday. they charged $43 - apparently $63 minus a $20 "early bird credit" because i was set on auto-renew.

i guess their price went up $10 to $189 and their early signup discount is now only $169 (instead of $159).

for anybody who has dish network, who didn't have auto-renew - are you still getting any free games?

one thing i have to admit is that i'm glad they never turned off the free preview while they were negotiating - otherwise i might have signed up for the online league pass which would have now gone wasted - i get it for free anyways with league pass.

20. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

can anyone else confirm that league pass has been activated? i still have the channels for free but i haven't had the chance to talk to any representatives.