1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP!! NBA League Pass and Dish Network.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sonalikumar, Oct 27, 2008.

1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I bought League Pass just on this. For some reason though, its not letting me watch the bulls bucks game from yesterday. I hope that doesn't happen tonight.

2. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

for dishnetwork? how did you do that if its not available?

3. cbb139

cbb139 Member

Really? I saw the first half the bulls game yesterday, and I have dish. It's free preview all week. let's just hope dish get their act together and get the deal solved w/ NBA.

4. ROCKET RY

was the free preview on one channel or several? And what channel/channels is that?

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I got a question for Austin Time Warner. Got on the phone with customer service and they said that Rockets, Mavs, and San Antonio games would be blacked out. Is this for every game or just certain ones? I owned DirecTV and just switch TWC this summer. So what's the verdict? Just a few games blacked out? Or all games? Also if its just a few, around how many Rockets games will be blacked out?

6. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

Does anyone still want to sell me their broadband pass, please???

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is 100% WRONG !!!

Some Spurs games are supposed to be blacked out, but you can usually find them on Fox or on the blackout channel.

The Rockets and Mavs games are NOT effected they are on...unless they play the Spurs and it is blacked out...which again, never happens.

DD

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Any update on Dish and NBA LP? This is starting to get depressing ....

9. joe32t

joe32t New Member

The NBA is offering broadband only accounts this year for the 1st time. They are 84.95 before Nov 11th and 99.95 after Nov 11th. There is a free preview until Nov 11th. See:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/online.html

(1) NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND games are streamed in the largest bitrate possible based on your Internet connection speed, up to 800 Kbps from HD or SD video source direct from each team's arena.

The broadband access account should also come free witht he TV package purchased froom Directv, etc.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I called dish at lunch time. I don't think they've done the deal with NBA yet.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I was told before. cable allocates a very limited number of channels for LP. If in a day, there are more games than the number of channels that start at approximately same time or have overlap, you might have trouble to watch whatever you want to watch. For example, if rox game starts at 7:30PM and cable does not have enough channels, they will probably slice the rox game after another game starting at 6:30PM on same channel. That means you won't see rox game until the first one is over.

Dish and Direct dedicate more channels than cable companies.

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Unfortunately for us Dish subscribers, that number may go down to zero in a few days.

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn this SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!! So does Direct TV NBA LP work ? If so I'm changing !!!!!!

14. matty101

matty101 Member

why is it that when i click on the free preview i get a message saying something about a 'DMA Restriction'? :confused: :confused: :confused:

15. rspan

rspan New Member

I called DH and the lady says it is avaialbel and the price is $109 around. Not sure if it is true or she get confused with some other program.

16. ROCKET RY

DH? dishnetwork?

17. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Canned response on Dish Chat from about one minute ago:

18. ROCKET RY

any word since this morning?

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i have no idea what "unreasonable" terms are i dont see how the nba would/could set different prices amongst the various tv providers when the cost of the package is the same from every provider. i think dish is just trying to get a better deal themselves than the other providers

i know plan and simple they are going to lose a lot of customers, i dont know if its significant enough for them to "cave in" to the nba, but it will certainly hurt.

lets say there are 50k customers of dish with LP and 1/4 switch to a different provider

thats 12500 customers thats easily ~ 1 million in lost revenue a month (if avg bill is 80/person)

those are arbitrary numbers of course but i think there numbers aren't very high but as you can see dish can lose a lot of money quick if they dont get their act together.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It sucks that now neither Verizon OR Dish are offering it.

Is Time Warner available in your area? That's the only "solution" I can think of.