1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HELP] My Mac screen broke.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Mar 16, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So my mom was picking up my MacBook Pro and she grabbed it from the top and apparently was strong enough to crack the glass on it. Im trying to remain calm because its a pretty small crack, but has anybody ever had to replace the glass on a Mac before?

If so where did you get it done at and how much did it cost you? The actual screen is fine, its just the glass that is messed up so I'm not going to send it into Apple so they can rape me on the price. But if I could get it fixed for less than say $250 I would.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

hey I know a shop in Houston that fixes this stuff. email me at dscheduler@gmail.com and I can post the information there.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I sent you an email thru your profile

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I actually just took it into the Apple Store in the mall a couple years ago after i smashed it carrying it onto an airplane. The guy at the genius bar just said that he would replace it for free. He said that it usually costs like 700 dollars, but he would just send it back to Apple saying the screen went it. It really was cracked with an BP oil spill looking thing on my screen. This is why I continue to buy their products.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

too much confusion

6. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

I don't know about any of the malls near you, but my local mall in NJ has several kiosks and small stores that repair Apple product screens for around $200.

Also, when the inside of MacBook Pro's screen cracked a few months ago, Apple repaired it for $280.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H4LLOhLH20E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

replacing the glass only shouldn't cost very much.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Thanks for all the responses guys, I guess i will head to the mall and see if i can get Apple to do it for free and if they won't I will call up your friend Benchmoochie