1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help me defend Steve and Cat. They are being trashed on the fan boards

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WinknCatForever, Jan 3, 2005.

1. WinknCatForever

These bozos are trashing Steve and Cat saying they have no heart and do nothing except turn the ball over and cry and moan to the refs. I'm outnumbered vs the Steve and Cat bashers. I need help taking up for them. Here is an example of some of the stuff they are saying, I copied and pasted this direct quote:

"The passion is gone, and we suck...Simple as that. Same reason last season that we sucked so badly. There's no heart. No passion. No fighting desire. Nothing. At the start of the season we saw Steve Francis jumping on Dwight Howard's back, or pulling his jersey up for everyone to see as his teammates jumped all over him. And we were good, really good. Playing like the best in the East.

Now that's all gone. Now we see the team act as if they're sleep walking and that nothing matters. Francis no longer gets into foul trouble for his aggressive defense, now he lets PGs go off every night and score at will. Cato's absence has only taken away so much passion, and so much defense. Instead of winning games on heart or desire, the team is acting like they can coast through games and find a way to win.

WHERE'S THE FRIGGIN HEART?! If the Magic can get that fire back, they'll be good. Otherwise, we suck. And that won't change until they find a way to get pumped up."

"This game is so disgusting it is grosse. They really need to sit Mobley down his playing is pathetic. Francis needs to grow up and stop acting like he is all that and talking so much $hit cause he talking the talk but he ain't walking the walk. I guess he took a day off today. JD needs to be replace before things really get worse."

"It's about frigging time Francis and Mobley's minutes get reduced to normal starters. They play too many minutes...sometimes deserving, but most of the time not. Whatever happend to our rotation? Why aren't we passing the ball to the open players. I hate when Mobley is handling the ball...you all know all he's gonna do is shoot. Most of the time, that doesn't work.
    Same for Francis...he needs to learn he's not the MAN...Dwight Howard is and he needs to help set up plays so Howard can mature. Sometimes, when we losing this bad, I wish all the plays are just run through DHoward so we can see what he can do.
    It's pathetic really.

We need to get the ball in Hedo's hand more. When he dribbles with the ball, we're effective...not Mobley. Nelson has started playing well and he deservingly needs more minutes. Somebody needs to tell Johnny Davis that he needs players that can make the quick pass to Dwight to slam it home."

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

ummmm.....why do we need to defend them again?

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Man they must have really broken your heart. This is 40% of your moniker that we're talking about. :)

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

and i'm forever reminded of them everytime i log on :( :D

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Dang, sounded like us last year and the beginning of this season. While I love Francis, Mobley, and Cato its kinda hard to defend them when its all true. Thats kinda why they made the trade. I don't know what to tell you man.

6. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

You sure you didn't cut & paste that from the CF.net archives from last year? It sounds like I've read those same words somewhere before.

I guess it's just like old times for the Dynamic Duo. :rolleyes:

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I'm not so sure that we ever accused Steve and Cat of not playing with heart. Last year, heart was all Steve had.

8. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Heart cannot survive alone with out a brain. Simple as that.

9. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes!! Replace Howard with Yao and that quote was posted hundreds of times last year.

10. rocket3forlife2

I watch the orlando games and its not all steve and cuttinos fault.The problem is they have no real low post threat so, they really don't have a half court offense and there defense has been sucking as of late since cato went out (just like ours was last year).They havent been running and playing there style of basketbal that's the only reason there losing right now.They will be ok.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

you're looking for help from around here :rolleyes:

12. munco

munco Member

oh man that's funny but i think the magic will bounce back. i think steve is underrated.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Wow. The Orlando fans have already turned on Steve and Cuttino. It took us at least a couple of seasons before this board did.

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Too bad we could never find the Wizard of Oz and ask him for a brain for SF and Cat....

This thread really sounds like someone else's problem.

Good luck Steve and company, follow the yellow brick road.

15. Panda

Panda Member

They have heart when it is the big game. They are drama queens. That's one of the reasons why the old Rockets played down to the opponents level.

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LMAO, don't know if I would agree with these "bozos" about the heart statement but the other part is true.

Do you not agree that they are very turnover prone and whine to the refs incessantly?

Next thing you will tell us is that people are getting onto Francis for always falling down and not getting up unless he is helped up by someone.:rolleyes: :p

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if they want to give us Mobley back, I'd gladly take him.

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing when reading it.

The stuff I read now about Orlando's situation is too eerily like last season here. Magic fans complaining about the guards not passing, always whining to the refs, not utilizing the young post player, and the organization now looking for a pass first PG to compliment Francis. Just too freaky!

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No comment, but I am smiling a Big ole smile right now.

DD

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and quick starts moderated by slow downs in the regular season.