1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help for Sore Muscles

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by akperez, Mar 29, 2005.

1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

When was the last time you worked out your legs before the spinning class?

The reason I ask is that there are toxins in your muscles and working out hard after it's been a while makes it really sore.

Try eating bananas (potassium), drink lots of water and stay off your feet for a while. Strange that it hurts after day 5.

Perhaps you damaged something.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Drink plenty of water, stretch it out, take a warm bath.

3. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Yeah it's been a long time since I've done any leg excercise...or any exercise for that matter (unless you count walking 5 blocks to and from work through downtown construction). Spinning probably wasn't the smartest thing to start back up again. Plus it didn't help that I didn't take it as easy as I should have. I AM a girl and don't have the macho ego thing but I figured if my girlfriend can do it I can too! Granted she's been going and is more experienced. That'll teach me.

4. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Yeah they feel very tight!!!!! Almost like a cramp.

5. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that. For injuries I recommend following the RICE regimen:

Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation.

Since its been five days it might be too late for those. If it hurts bad enough that you have trouble walking you might want to go see a doctor.

6. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's for sprains, not muscle pains. there are plenty of good suggestions in the thread so far. fluids, rest, stretching, patience.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Well if it's your first time working those muscles then yes it's gonna hurt for a while but it will go away. Not unsual for it to go 5 days IF you've never worked that muscle part before and you didn't warm up and stretch properly. The good thing is if you stay consistent then it won't hurt like that the next time.

Just suck it up this time and prepare better next time.

I remember first time i hit the bench. Felt good the first day. pain all week and when I went back on day 3 to lift on the bench again. the bar just fell on me cuz i couldn't even lift it again hahaha. Good thing it was late at night w/o anyone seeing me. :).

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Works pretty well for muscle pains too and I speak from experience.