1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help (email trouble)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JamesC, Jan 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JamesC

JamesC Member

I cant log into my yahoo account and its the only one I have. My password doesn't seem to work anymore and when I try to verify my information it doesn't work either. I'm in the middle of a job search too, so this is the last thing I need. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hate to throw salt on the wound but the same exact thing happened to my wife recently. We have no idea what happened. When she called Yahoo and got a human being, it seems that all of the information was changed. We canceled credit cards and changed as much other stuff as possible because she was never able to access that account again.

Try calling Yahoo directly. It might be your only hope.

3. playlife

playlife Member

Use USPS next time ;)

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

Do you know the number? Ive been searching and I cant seem to find it.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

From the sounds of it, I don't think this will apply, but here it goes anyway: when you signed up with Yahoo!, they asked you for an alternate email. Use that one to send a message of "concern" to help@yahoo.com . I believe they will answer. Else, go to the help center at help.yahoo.com . :(

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

Thanks, I dont remember them asking me for an alternate email because I've had this account for so long (2001). I'll use my brother's address.

7. g1184

g1184 Member

Trust Google, they do everything else for you. Google cares. Hand your life over to Google.

p.s. I hope your job search goes well.

8. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Try:
    866-562-7219

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

Thanks, you guys are lifesavers!!! I dont know what I'd do without this site. I got my account back up and running. And thanks g1184 for the luck on the the job search.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Well, tell us what you did and how THEY fixed it, man. Don't leave us hanging... :p

11. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

always have multiple email accounts...

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

I called the Yahoo number that aeroman10 posted and talked to a service person and told her my situation. She went through some verification procedures and sent me my new password. Everything on my email was the same as before.