1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help choosing pest control company - advice needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Jun 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The title pretty much says it all. We don't have any noticeable bug problems, other than occasional ants and spiders and I would like to keep it that way.

What companies do a good job?
    How much do these companies usually charge?
    Anything I need to know or be aware of?

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I used to use AMRID, they were affordable, used a water based spray that is 'safe for pets' and their stuff worked...

I think their fee is based on square footage of the house to be sprayed.

Be specific when they are spraying... tell them where and what you do and don't want sprayed... I kept them out of the x-wife's closet, she didn't want any stuff on her clothes, I let them do the kitchen base boards and under the sink, but kept them out of the cupboards and silverware drawer... just be specific. You are paying for the service and should be able to tell them where to spray.

Also, I was on a quarterly spraying schedule, if you get on a schedule, stick with it...

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Thanks.

Do they just spray some basic preventive stuff?