1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP: Accounting Systems Needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chinesetaco, Jul 7, 2010.

1. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

Sup Clutchfans,

My mid-sized company is interested in getting a new accounting system (for 100+ employees).

Any CPAs/others know of any good ones to invest in?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

QuickBooks?

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what will it all be used for exactly? What is currently being used?

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Most of my clients use Quickbooks, and it is what I recommend, since its the most widely used in the profession, but it may not meet your needs. The clients I work directly with aren't your size. It depends a lot on what your company does and what you want/need from your program. Make sure you discuss it with your CPA, because its important to have a program your CPA knows, or can learn.

5. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

What type of company is it? Quickbooks is good for basic accounting needs, but there are a lot of drawbacks/limitations to using a quickbooks system.

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I also recommend Quickbooks for basics, however, as pointed out, depending on the industry there are lots of specific programs.

An example would by my wife's office, where they have an industry specific O&G software package for their accounting that also deals with all the land lease stuff, can handle all the partnership stuff for the royalties, etc. They use this AND Quickbooks for all the basic office book keeping as well.

7. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I'll write you a custom made accounting system for a reasonably cheap price.