1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hellboy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nomar, Apr 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One of my best friends is a producer on Punisher, I hope it does well, but his last movie was crap, so my hopes are low.

:)

DD

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You never answered my Hellboy question Dada, what happened with that? Or, don't talk about it if you don't want to.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm curious .. . what do you not like about the trailer?

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

what was his other movie?

Rocket River

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

eh, it's just full of cheese. Bad dialogue, bad cgi sequences, bad acting, all in the space of what it takes to fill up a trailer. I can only imagine there'll be that much more of the above in the actual movie. The additional shots of the monsters, complete with the names(as if we can't figure out who they are) just screams "hey, can't come up with a coherent plot so we'll throw in some cgi with these guys." Add in some cliches that'll try to be spun into "twists" and voila, you have Van Helsing, the next summer blockbuster bomb.

Of course, I could be wrong on this, it's just the vibe I get from the previews. When I saw the superbowl commercial, I was :rolleyes:

Really, I didn't think the hellboy previews looked that bad, but they weren't good either.

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The real question is, what did I LIKE about the trailer?

Van Helsing looks like an absolute mess. The effects are LXG-like (i.e. bad), and the plot looks ridiculous (vampires want offspring)?

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

CK - Bingo. Helsing looks awful. But some people don't see it that way. I gotta friend who is dying to see it and who thinks it looks amazing.

The thing that really did the trick for me was when they showed this monster and "Frankenstein" flashed up on the screen.

Yeah, Van Helsing has to fight to the death with an old doctor who creates a living being. Right. FRANKENSTEIN IS THE NAME OF THE DOCTOR GENIUSES.

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Thats why i don't think more of you have seen Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind:(

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If the movie does well, there is a great chance we get to make a game in conjunction with Revolution studios based on the sequal.

I really want Hellboy to do well, as the game idea we have for it ROCKS !!

DD

10. VesceySux

[​IMG]

Dance Dance Revolution: Hellboy

(DaDa, it'll make you piles of cash! :D )

11. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

whoa... you were able to derive plot from that trailer?

instead of hugh jackman, they should have had antonio banderas.

12. yipengzhao

you should make it for xbox since there's no good xbox games.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

DaDakota, I had no desire to see this movie, but I'm gonna go now to do my part to help you out.

BTW, I was thinking of a badass game you could make once you're finished accumulating your millions. A basketball game that is Rocket-centric. A game where you could play with all the former players and teams. I actually think that it'd be a good idea for EA Sports or someone to do regionally. Maybe partner up with the NBA.

14. Nomar

Nomar Member

You weren't able to derive plot from that trailer?

He's a traveling warrior that combats evil in the form of literary characters such as Dracula, Frankenstein (but not his monster), and Wolfeman :)confused:).

And regarding your post about their being no good XBox games, ever heard of Halo? The best video game of all time.

15. VesceySux

Actually, I got the plot details from Entertainment Weekly. The trailer did not (and could not) help me.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Thanks RM !!

I have been dying to do a legends NBA game. One of my teams was responsible for NBA Jam and NFL Blitz while they were at Midway...so a sports game is in my future.

I HOPE !

DD

17. yipengzhao

that's not the plot i'm talking about. vescey said that it's about vampires that want offspring. were you able to get that from the trailer?

i have halo. it's good, but I don't like shooters because i'm no good at them. i'm exaggerating... they just don't come out with good games that often. i've played some of the good ones, prince of persia, ninja gaiden, GTAIII-VC, max payne 2, etc.

but i just hate when games like Tenchu-return to darkness gets billed as a major release and it actually stinks.

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

It's strange how the Tenchu franchise tanked. The original was so much fun, and showed such promise, but every single sequel has been terrible.

19. yipengzhao

the original was fine for a play station 1.

the one on xbox now has graphics that are very similar, crude gameplay, and i mean it's just horrible. if they could combine the stealth component with Ninja Gaiden calibre graphics then that'd be something... but it's just a low budget game on the same plane as Shenmue II