1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hellboy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nomar, Apr 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm gonna try to catch the first or second show at Deerbrook...I'll give my expert review later...

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I thought it looked really cheesy in the previews. BUT, it did have nice graphics. I am thinking of see it now though, it's reviews have not been bad.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a great many of you are unfairly judging this movie based on preview reaction and the fact that it is a movie being released during a time that is not Summer or Christmas.

4. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

you should definitely see it. it's pretty entertaining. take your hot roommates too, my girlfriend liked it as well.

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

Well frankly, I don't put much stock in your reaction to people's opinions.

Did you ever see Club Dread? Or were you content in just mouthing off and insulting my taste in movies without having seen the movie I was discussing.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let me see....Club Dread...relevance to this thread? Zero. As for insulting other people's tastes in movies, I think you do enough of that for the both of us.

I don't know if your response was because of my post in this thread...but my post was not aimed at you if you actually SAW the movie (which you say you did). My post was directed at people who say they would never see it because the previews look bad (admittedly, I have done this before...but only in extreme cases). But if it makes you feel better to cry a river and bring up previous movie discussions, go right ahead. I may skim them, or I may just skip right past them and check other people's opinions on Hellboy, which is what this thread (YOUR thread) is supposed to be about.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

Ok, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. It sounded like you were directing your comments to those of us who saw the movie and disliked it. So therefore, Club Dread would have had relevance because you also thought I had unfairly judged that movie and had no credibility.

Actually I agree with you. Previews should only make up part of the motivation to going to see a certain movie.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw it

IT is ok . . . I did not like the climax/resolution
    but overall it was ok
    [it was just anti climatic and Cliche']

Rocket River

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I agree,...ever see a movie that makes you think there are just too many loopholes?...It's one thing to see a comic-based movie and realize the realistics are'nt full tilt...but, a well thought out movie can pull it off to the point you are'nt distracted by the loopholes and anti-sense (such as Spider-man, the first Batman))... this one has you thinking too much about these 2 hindering aspects...

Still, if you are like me, you will enjoy the refreshing character that is exhibited by Hellboy...Pelman does a great acting job, and another plus is the subway fight scene...

I enjoyed it more than less, but I'd give it a C-

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Lots of fun. Perlman was great. Not as good as X2 but way better than other recent comic book movies (Hulk, Daredevil).

And I liked it better than SpiderMan 1.

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I thought Hellboy looked horrible too, only too find that it has received mostly positive reviews, so I decided to go and see it....only to find my instincts were right...it really wasn't that good, although not as bad as it looks from the previews.

To me, the movie got worse as it went on, with the best part being the beginning.

B-

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Number one movie in America.

DD

13. outlaw

outlaw Member

anyone gonna see The Punisher? Thomas Jane looks damn good with dark hair. [​IMG]

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

what happened to Dolph Lundren?

:D

Rocket River

15. yipengzhao

... I guess... John Travolta though... is he even a serious actor anymore? I actually read this comic... and the guy they cast as Punisher doesn't really fit the bill... but I guess I'll have to see it since I did like the comics.

the one intriguing trailer i saw at Hellboy I thought was "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow." weird... I like those concept movies though.

Oh... Val Helsing. That looks cool.

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The previews for that movie looked even worse than the ones for Hell Boy. I'll wait for video unless it's not even worthy of that.

I just don't see how the punisher really works for being a movie. The subject material was cutting edge for the comics(well, somewhat) a long time ago, but the "I'm a vigilante and I'll get revenge for my dead family by killing people with guns" is a little played out now. Oh, but he wears a skull on his t-shirt, so that makes it different. :rolleyes:

17. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I did not like Blade 2 as much as Blade 1. Should I use Jeff's reverse psychology on Nomar's judgement? :)

18. yipengzhao

"some say you're a holy man, some say you're a murderer... so what the truth?"

"a little bit of both."

hahaha... what's not to like about cheesy, cliche dialogue?

i'm going to see the movie because it reminds me of Hunter the Reckoning the video game, also because I liked LXG, haha. I don't know, I dig the fantasy genre in general.

19. yipengzhao

I don't think that's the fault of the director / writer. Blade I was a cutting edge movie... usually you can't really make a good sequel off someone else's stuff that easily.

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'll see punisher, but my expectations are shrinking daily. Thomas Jane isn't a bad choice. He's the same height, always a good start, a pretty good actor, he got into shape, and he trained with Navy SEALS before he started shooting the movie.