1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heck Yes or Hell Nah] Would you trade Harden to Boston for its picks/players?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, May 4, 2016.

?

Would you trade Harden for this package?

Poll closed May 11, 2016.
  1. Heck Yes

71 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Hell Nah

184 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. ibm

ibm Member

we're not trading harden right now. so what is the point?

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Shocker. Color me shocked. I am completely floored that you have taken this stance. This is brand new information to me. This is so new, I think you should have spoilered it. This is just so new to me. You have never ever before taken a stance like this, and believe me I wasn't ready for it. I mean, you never even hinted at it.

I mean, not even once. Ever. At all.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

fchowd0311 only posts about Harden, and it's always about how bad he is. Literally no variance. It's hilarious.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's funny, but it's also sad. It's a lot like a drunk baby.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd be tempted... but I'd probably hold off - I think we could get more... I'm all for a Herschel Walker type deal, but mid and late 1st round picks are rather unimpressive...

6. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

If the coach and front office comes with them then yes

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just love how a harsh take on Harden just results in the low hanging fruit argument of "omg no life."

I'm not the one profusely defending a multi-millionaire who couldn't give two ****s about you at every damn opportunity. Take a few steps back and have some perceptive. My arguments come from a paradigm of not worshiping players but just being a fan of the actual sport and the team.

8. fchowd0311

And your only contribution to the GARM is profusely defending Harden as some infallible deity. Oh what? I provided no evidence of my accusations on you? Are you going to post your post history now to disprove my claims? Because I could also.

Can anyone give me a rational argument why I need to be subtle in my lack of faith in Harden and his ability to be the centerpiece of a championship level team? That is the end goal of this franchise right? If that goal is hindered by having a centerpiece with the immense amount of flaws as Harden, WHY WOULDN'T IT BE MY NUMBER ONE CONCERN AS A FAN OF THIS FRANCHISE?

Maybe I would have some more variance if I posted 17 posts a day.

#48 fchowd0311, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. However here, I believe it's worth 5 in the bush.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, I gave you plenty of rational argument on one in particular - I charted plays and games - and what was your response?

To double down on dip****tery.

It's a pretty obvious that you have a problem.

The cure: is for you to shut up. I know it's a common problem on the internet - for people who are confronted with contrary evidence, to cement their ignorance.

Try to be a bigger man - grow. Learn.

11. Raven

Raven Member

No, but if you made a list of the ten best players under 30 (not including Harden), I'd probably go along with trading him for any of them, assuming they were in good health and had played at a high level for more than one season. Why? I can't prove it, but I have a gut feeling that Harden is going to leave in free agency.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Crowder and Thomas and all those picks? ... Ainge simply would not do that, not for Harden.

1 person likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

You charted one game log as evidence against an assertion that spans a whole season.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually I charted 5 games - against 0 for you.

There are two brains inside of you, an intuitive/emotional brain and a rational/analytical one. See Kahneman & Tversky's work.

You have shut the second one off and are running purely on the first. See DaDakota's work.

15. fchowd0311

5 games is still a drop in the bucket in regards to a 82 game season. To just flat out dismiss a common sense assertion that a higher volume in missed three pointers and turnovers results in a positive correlation of easier opportunities for the opponent's offense based from 5 game logs that have a narrow scope of what constitutes a 'fast break' when 'easy opportunities' is far more encompassing than the textbook definition of a 'fast break' that is used to in these game logs is not using the rational/analytical side of your brain.

16. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

No, its a team USA offseason(if he makes it) and Harden will come into training camp in shape this time around.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Unless I know for certain that durant and another good player was coming in free agency I would most likely do it.

You could end up in the future like Dirk and end up getting the right guys around Harden and winning a ring somehow over the warriors next few years.

Or you could have Harden end up leaving in two years.

Or end up signing a new contract and have a career like Carmelo and never win anything and just have perpetual mediocrity.

Odds are things will end up bad and that's why I would do it. Tank for two years and combine those with the picks you get for Harden and then hopefully sign a good max free agent at that point.

18. by78

by78 Rookie

If we had a crystal ball and can tell the Harden is gonna be Carmelo II, then by all means trade his bum ass asap.

But we don't have a crystal ball, and we hope that Harden will mature... But what if he doesn't mature? What if he turns out to be just another Carmelo Anthony?

How many seasons will Rockets waste on Harden?

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Ainge would do that deal in a second. The Celtics would still be playing basketball right now if they had Harden. It's so amazing how quickly people forget that Harden just carried a team of role players to the WCF last year. Ainge would be popping bottles if we offered him Harden.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is exactly why you start off with Harden for Thomas and a couple of picks (16th and 31st). This will get your foot in the door. Then go for more by sweetening the deal with Jones or Dmo. Even put McDaniels in if it looks like they may part with the higher pick. You have to work with sensibly and respectfully. The initial trade in itself is a good haul for Harden.