1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat Wave DA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox_fan_here, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I looked through 4 pages in the GARM and 2 in the Dish. If its been posted then I'm just careless or blind.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2584890

Not feeling the Heat: Derek Anderson waivedAssociated Press

Anderson

MIAMI -- The Miami Heat waived veteran reserve guard Derek Anderson on Tuesday, meaning the defending NBA champions will not be bringing their entire roster from last season into this year's camp.

Anderson came to the Heat on Feb. 23 and appeared in 23 regular-season games, averaging 5.8 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists. He also played in eight playoff games, averaging 3.0 points, and did not see any time during the NBA Finals.

Anderson was due to make $2.5 million this coming season but had been expected for several weeks to ask for a buyout so he can seek more playing time elsewhere.

The Heat have 13 players from last season's 15-man roster under contract; the team, which opens training camp in three weeks, is still talking with veteran forward Shandon Anderson about a return.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 they'd rather have shandon anderson. :D

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think they are bringing him back either.

4. Rox_fan_here

Didn't DA talk smack about us when he signed with the heat? It was about the team or JVG or something. Am I right about this?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I dont get why everyone hates on DA so much. Ya his game has declined but he isnt a bad person, he isnt a cancer. He wants to make a positive impact. Its not his fault if the Rox overpaid him, why wouldnt he take the offer? Its just weird when this BBS makes it seem like he did the Rockets some huge injustice...

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

He got is ring.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

DA will land somewhere.

Good luck to him. Any guy that resembles Martin Lawrence is good as gold with me.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hey Bonzi,

This is Pat Riley. How would you like to win a ring?

9. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The Rockets didn't overpay him. I think it was Portland that overpaid him and cut him to get the luxery tax exemption (just like Finnley). The Rockets paid him the minimun, IIRC, as he was still due the $$ owed him by Portland.

DA was hated because he sucked while playing here. He didn't do jack. He was supposed to ease the pain of losing James Posey but he just plain sucked.

DA was supposed to ease the burden of a guy that can create his own shots. He didn't.

10. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

DA is one of my all time least favorite Rockets. DA seemed to be a great person, articulate, intelligent, and mature off the court. I appreciate and respect that. However, that makes his lack of effort on the floor even worse. DA did not even try to play well with the Rocks, especially on defense. His defenseive effort was Darius Miles like. DA stole my money each time I went to a Rocket game. His nickname should have been Refund. As in give me my money back. Socially inept, emotionally stunted, intellectually challenged players like Eddie Griffen were and are a disaster for the Rocks. At least you could say they did not know any better, they were very screwed up men and that affected their play on the court.

DA was an intelligent guy who knew he was not putting out, knew he was screwing JVG, the Rockets and the fans. Absolutly dispicable.

11. Rox_fan_here

I hate to quote myself but this is the reason why I don't like him. Can someone confirm this. I am almost sure this happened.

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Honestly, I didn't like him as a Rocket because he did not understand his role on this team. Instead playing as a role player, like he was picked up to do, he tried to be the superstar. I never understood why he would come down and take the shot or go up against three defenders without even letting TMac or Yao touch the ball first. Thats uncalled for on a team with two great superstars. If he had played in the system, he wouldn't have sucked as much as he did as a Rocket!

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I was just thinking the same thing myself. The only thing worse would be him signing with the Spurs or Mavs.

14. Aussie Dooley

Aussie Dooley Member

maybe this year we can sign ron mercer as his replacement :D

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Derek Anderson has always wanted to get paid NBA paychecks without actually doing anything. Now he gets to. You can't beat that idea.

16. kingkow

kingkow Member

that is more like the Candy man to me

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

DA's a fa? let's sign him. we need more guards!

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

When DA had all his athleticism he was a decent player. When his legs went out he was a marginal NBA player. No need to rag on him as a person, he signed with the Rockets because he thought he could be a part of something, maybe he just became a not very good player and it was wishfull thinking on his part and our part he could return to his previous years for and compete with other NBA quality guards.