1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat/Rockets Swap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rhay1, Feb 15, 2016.

1. basketballholic

Name one team that will offer Whiteside the max. Otherwise stop with the 'Whiteside is going to get max offers from multiple teams' line.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lakers, Celtics, Hornets, Pacers, Blazers, Pelicans, Mavericks, Bulls, Heat and Rockets all seem like they could find a way to open up space to give him a a max, all teams have a need for a center. That's 10.

3. Ns575

Ns575 Member

IITTSSS OOOVVVVEEERRRRRR BBALLALCOHOLIC IS FINISHED

4. basketballholic

Name one team that WILL (not "could find a way" or might) offer Whiteside the max. Otherwise stop with the 'Whiteside is going to get max offers from multiple teams' line.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Lakers. Done.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Blazers might even offer Whiteside the max.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I imagine this has already been brought up but the last thing we need is another guy with questionable character and mediocre work ethic. For whatever reason, this team seems to suck the motivation and professionalism out of players.

Bring Whiteside here and I promise you it will be a complete disaster.

What Morey needs to focus on is bringing in respected vets (Pierce would have been perfect but him alone isn't even enough) who will take the leadership role from Harden and challenge everyone on the team to get their ish together. I'm not even sure that would save this team but I can't help but think a couple of proven winners who still have some game left in them are the best we can realistically hope.

The "bring in talent regardless of character" experiment has failed.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Blazers will Blaze.

Sam Bowie. LaRue Martin, Greg Oden and now........

Hassan Arbubakrr (Whiteside)

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Blazers offered the max for Kanter, they will do the same for Whiteside I am sure.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How would I know a team that WILL?

I named 10 teams that seem highly likely to offer him a max. His max is capped at 21 mill per, that's going to look like a bargain deal in 2017-18. Lakers have been rumored to be a team that WILL offer him a max. And that rumor makes a **** load more sense then the one you're suggesting.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry not 21 mill per, 21 mill is his starting salary (under a 89 mill cap) I think with raises it would total to like 23 mill per or something. Its silly to think he won't get that offer from multiple teams, and if even only one other team besides 76ers offers him a max, that automatically eliminates the 76ers as a candidate.

12. juanito713

juanito713 Member

I'm not sure about this move. Dragic and Whiteside are just fine as players, but will they work here? Goran doesn't want to play here. He wants to dominate the ball and he knows he won't get that here. He doesn't like how he was treated by the franchise in the past, so I'm not sure him being included in a potential package with Miami is the best idea if he's going to be unhappy. And for all of Dwight's immaturity issues, take a look at Whiteside. He is on a similar level on the maturity scale as Dwight Howard.

13. basketballholic

You don't know. And that's why I'm calling you on it. I'm pretty certain he's not going to get a full max offer. You stated that multiple teams would offer him a max deal. I asked you to name one that would or stop saying they would. Now you're backing off. That's fine. You're really not convinced any team will either.

14. basketballholic

Lakers will not offer Whiteside a max deal. And we're not getting a first rounder for Terrence either. That's twice done.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Blazers, Mavs, Hornets, Pelicans, and Pacers all would offer Whiteside the max.... If they dont get Dwight first. Dwight's going to have his pick of where to go in FA.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao

You don't know either, I'm not backing off of ****. You hear a rumor or speculate that 76ers will be interested in Whiteside and all of the sudden you KNOW that NO other team will offer him a max.

You have some inside connection, and that cool and I respect that, but then you go off the wall with your BS speculation and try to act all superior about thinking you know every. That's why you piss everybody off on here.

17. basketballholic

If my speculation that no team will offer Whiteside a full max deal is bs, them what is your speculation that multiple teams will offer him a full max contract?

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How cute Nick, you think he has inside connection/s?

lol.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Yes ok. If you say so must be true.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You don't KNOW half the stuff you shat out, that doesn't stop you from opining ad nauseum either. Hypocrite much?