1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat/Rockets Swap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rhay1, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

No hate, but chances are that if the time stamp of the article is more than 30 minutes old then it has already been posted and discussed somewhere on this forum.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Did anyone tell DD about this rumor?

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

5. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

If it has been posted lock it please. I went down the list twice just to make sure. But I might have missed it.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am on it....gonna go check my sources, give me a few hours.

DD

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wow...DO IT

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Whiteside was once on the Vipers. Also I recall when he was being drafted, his stock fell because of reports he had ADHD. If after playing so well with the Heat, they now want to trade him because of "immaturity" - - If this happens, let's just not get our hopes so high.

Imagine Harden and Whiteside together ... Immaturity levels

9. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

Now there is another rumor posted an hour or so ago. Is there one thread for all of these or do they get their own thread?

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yeah all should clump under 1 thread for sure

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah cuz Dwight is super mature, lol.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SOURCES!

[​IMG]

#13 Os Trigonum, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Report: Dwight Howard, if traded from Rockets, wants to join Hawks or maybe Heat
    By Dan FeldmanFeb 15, 2016, 12:46 PM EST

Dwight Howard said he hasn’t asked the Rockets to trade him.

But, on the block anyway, Howard still has an opinion to share.

Chris Broussard of ESPN on SportsCenter:

Dwight Howard, the Rockets told him last week he could be traded before the deadline. Dwight, if he’s moved, would like to go to Atlanta, maybe Miami.

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News:

This is when, if I were Howard, I’d hope my agent is privy to what the Rockets are doing. Howard has a say in these trade talks, because he’ll reportedly opt out of his contract this summer. If he assures certain teams he’ll re-sign, it’s far more likely they’d surrender enough to appease Houston.

Both the Hawks and Heat make sense from Howard’s point of view. He’s an Atlanta native, so there are certainly appeals to returning home (though also drawbacks). The Heat helped another talented player with a reputation for immaturity, LeBron James, become a champion.

But would either team deal for Howard?

The Hawks already have a better, and slightly younger, center in Al Horford. However, he’ll also be a free agent this summer. If Atlanta believes it has a better chance of re-signing Howard – especially if the Rockets think they could re-sign Horford – a deal could make sense.

The central piece in a Miami package might be Hassan Whiteside, but that carries complications. Houston couldn’t exceed the cap to re-sign Whiteside nor offer a fifth year on a contract this summer, and its offer over four years could be only slightly higher than other teams’. In other words, why trade for Whiteside when it’d be nearly as easy to sign him this summer without dealing for him? Plus, there’s a massive difference in salary between Howard ($22,359,364) and Whiteside ($981,348). That’ll make find a legal trade difficult, especially because the Rockets have minimal wiggle room below their hard cap and the Heat – in line to become the first ever payer of the luxury-tax repeater rate – will be averse to adding salary.

It’s definitely possible Houston trades Howard, but there are at least two – and probably three – sides to approve a deal. That’s always complicated.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15...om-rockets-wants-to-join-hawks-or-maybe-heat/

14. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

- yep, this was the second.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think Howard will be traded. Fegan is going to get this done rather than leave Howard with the reputation no team wants him.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Does Fegan have a say over trades? I thought that was Morey's decision, lol.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HAH - what decade are you in? Agents drive this league now.

DD

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats news to me. If it helps DD it was a question, lol. I guess you learn something new everyday.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

codman said dwight wants to stay in houston