1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat Interested in Boozer, Korver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houston19519, Jul 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm sure Miami is interested in getting something for Jermaine O'Neal through S&T.

It's laughable that they think they can.

3. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I know, Oneal's contract is horrible... :eek:

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Miami gets Boozer, or more specifically if Wade finds Boozer (i.e. CB5) to be a decent enough substitute for Chris Bosh (i.e. CB4) in light of (a) CB5 will take up less cap space, enable MIA to sign other players, and (b) CB5 won't cost MIA S&T assets such as 1st round picks, it sure helps Houston's chances.

In other words, Houston fans should all give thanks for Carlos Boozer's existence in our world. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. worzel gummidge

Only if NJ doesn't sign Lee first. Otherwise Bosh and the Rockets would be at the mercy of Toronto, they'd have all the leverage.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Have the heat agreed to "see [him] next Tuesday" yet? Doesn't he have a standing appointment with Paul Silas then? :confused:

7. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I was thinking the same thing!!

The Jazzhole could actually help out the Rockets :p

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Go get Boozer Miami!!

9. Carl Herrera

Yeah, I know, the mechanics of the free agency can go many ways. However, I don't think Houston and Bosh will really end up in no-leverage situation since (a) I read NJ isn't in the mood to overpay Lee because they think Favors will eventually be better, (b) in any case, they won't be paying anyone until Lebron announces his decision, and (c) my guess is that Miami won't actually sign Boozer before the Bosh options is exhausted.

I think the main thing about the existence of Boozer is that Miami is less willing to pay a decent S&T price for Bosh. The team will be pretty depleted around their free agents either way, and so I don't think they will be in the mood to just give away draft picks.

10. realmustang

realmustang Member

This doesn't make sense. Why would the Heat want to do a sign & trade for a player that they have enough money to sign out right? Boozer is not getting a max contract.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

As long as quality players keep going East, then it is a good thing for the Rockets.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

O'Neal is not under contract. He is not expiring. The Heat would have to sign O'Neal, he would have to want to go to Utah, and Utah would have to want him. That whole thing is a joke. Utah don't want Jermaine. Nor Beasley. They are anti-Sloan players. Utah would rather have a $12 million trade exception, that is if they actually want anything for Boozer. I'm thinking they make Boozer walk for less money than they are willing to pay him.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Yeah.. this makes no sense.

Boozer isnt getting the Max, so there is no need for the extra year or what not. Just sign Boozer.

Im calling bs

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i really hope he and korver end up in the east.

suns fell off, jazz may fall off, and no one in the west seems to be making significant improvements.

15. devilsdandruff

miami is interested in anyone. their team is empty.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent point. Totally agree!

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

someone screwed up...or copied someone else who screwd up...

Like someone mentioned, JO is a FA...they'd have to sign and trade him, which makes no sense for the Heat

18. jedicro

jedicro Member

After he signs with Miami can we go back to hoping that he gets hit by a bus?

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

that's a good sign for us ..

20. Carl Herrera

I think we should hope for Amare to get hit by a bus first, assuming the Rockets still hold the Knicks picks at that time. Don't want him hurt too badly though, cuz we don't want the Knicks to get an injury exception. We should hope for several hits by slow-ish moving short buses during the course of the next couple years.