1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat Continue Discussions With Rockets For Alston 7-25-07

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sofine81, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Miami Herald -
    The Heat is focusing on trades to find a point guard, and talks continue with Houston regarding Rafer Alston (due $14.7 million during the next three years). Though Miami would move Michael Doleac, the Rockets are exploring what other teams would offer.

If already reported, lock it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/181316.html

2. SmitingPurpleEm

I hope we can get someone better than Doleac for Alston. Alston is still a serviceable player.... while Doleac is a stiff, and we have enough backup centers already. I don't think Doleac can play PF.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What if it is something like Doleac and a 1st round pick?

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Sadly, I'd prefer Rafer over Doleac. I can't imagine D-Money taking such a terrible offer seriously

5. fbagulbagul

fbagulbagul Member

does Alston for Haslem straight up even possible? Do the salaries match?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe Morey is holding out hope for Rafer to Indiana for Foster (main pieces)....no hurry to get things done, just get the best deal.....

Also, can't Reed be traded on August 15th? Maybe that is what they are waiting on....

DD

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Doleac? i want Dorell Wright. thats as unlikely as getting Haslem. simien and 1st pick for alston.

8. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Sounds like Miami wants to keep Haslem, and only wants Rafer without taking on any other guards.

I don't think anyone here or in the organization is interested in Doleac at this time either. Looks like it may be a waiting game with Miami to see who blinks first.

9. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

The Salaries don't match, but neither do the salaries for doleac and haslem

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Haslem is a legit starting PF. Alston is a legit backup PG. No way Riley is stupid enough to make a trade like that. No way it happens. Quote me on that

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If Brevin Knight goes to the clippers as expected. it'll make it tough for the Heat. hudson once he gets boughtout will probaly go to denver as rummored. there last hope is knight and he seems like he is gonna go to the clippers.

12. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Doleac sucks and we have no use for him. Morey should just wait. The longer it goes the more he'll be able to get as teams get more desparate. We aren't in any hurry, we don't have any pressing needs at the moment. Resign Hayes and you're fine at the 4 with Scola & Hayes.

13. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Haslem was a starter for the Heat. Who is Riley gonna get to replace Haslem that's out there? Collison? hahahaha

14. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

And I hope Morey is not stupid enough to trade Rafer for Doleac.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Nope - it will be Doleac. :eek: :cool:

16. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If the Heat do that they can kiss any chance of playoff finals goodbye!

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Doleac and Simien for Rafer would be fine - they are both expiring contracts, and get us out of two years of salary obligation to Rafer. They give us flexibility under the luxury tax threshold next summer to use our full MLE. We may need that if either Francis or Bonzi has a big comeback year and we have to offer it to one of them next summer.

Remember that if we had not moved Swift's contract last year, we would not have had the flexibility this summer to have signed either Scola or Francis.

18. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

What about Rafer and Hayes for Haslem?
    I really like Hayes, though.

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Mo Williams signed with the Bucks and I believe he was the Heat's top target. So Rafer's value has increased.

I'm still not sold on Haslem and I would say no to Doleac for Rafer but still, its good to have options.

20. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: