1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HEARTLESS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, May 4, 2015.

1. thejav

thejav Member

Series over if we lose next game.

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5-1jgNhopNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

toyota center shouldve bood them.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Perhaps this is what the Lakers felt when Yao went down and their team played like fecal trash against our DLeague team. Deep down you know that Lakers team should beat you badly, but we embarassed them with heart and determination...and almost took them out.

The problem is that Paul will play in this series, and instead of forcing Doc and the Clippers to have Paul ready to go, Doc has the luxury of getting Paul an extra few days to rest his hamstring and get ready to go in LA...where Harden has notoriously been bad.

Professional teams should never end games like that ever...Its like they wanted to walk off the court at the 2:02 mark...

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We'll see if they have the heart of a champion on Wednesday. They most certainly did not tonight.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they were defending champions

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

BEEP BOOP SHOOT MORE THREES MORE VARIANCE BEEP BOOP

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I love the idiot who mentioned T-Mac.

Yet if T-Mac had these teammates we'd be unstoppable.

Even with this failure of a head coach.

God, it still leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth realising we have 3 more seasons of this *****.

Oh but he's a coach of the year candidate. 50+ wins. Let's sing his praise and ignore his (myriad) amount of cons.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I'd rather have Olajuwon than T-mac based on 120 playoff games, 3 finals, 2 championship

but I agree, we are being out coached. playoffs are about exploiting each team's weaknesses,

they didn't have Chris Paul, we didn't exploit that...at all.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't get what you're going for in that first line - ok I do you're attacking T-Mac - but 100 out of 100 people (myself included) would choose Olajuwon over T-Mac.... so kind of a mute point.

I personally wouldn't even say we're being exploited. One team is just being coached by a competent coach - one isn't. That's the most frustrating part.

If we had a head coach who could use just common sense, we'd be much better.

I STILL cannot understand why Terry came back in midwayish through the 4th and Prigs sat down. Prigs who had hit a few 3s and generally running the team very well.

Just one example of why I hate McHale.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I cant believe this team put up that kind of effort. Im sure Dream and Sam got together after the game and said 'that crap would have never happend to us'

losing is not a problem, but quitting is. Im embarassed to be a Rocket fan tonight.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Herman... LOL

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Prigioni had the best +/- tonight on our team.

They didn't have a point guard, they literally have no other PG on their team than Chris Paul, everyone else is listed as a 2.

They had 21 turnovers because of no point guard. Yet we turn the ball over 22 times, and yes mainly Harden's fault but Doc Rivers would double him and force him into bad passes.

The current Rockets system is to make 3s, well, they made made more then we did and they shot their free throws better than we did.

We can hack a D'Andre, they can hack Dwight, Smith or Capella.

McHale has to make adjustments, if not, this series will be over quick.

14. CometsWin

Did not think I'd see Morey's computer here tonight.

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Morey will keep saying coaching doesn't matter.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Bad game. We'll come back.

17. CometsWin

You can underestimate the heart of a non-champion just fine.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets still haven't faced a starting point guard.

Rondo quit on the Mavs and CP3 was out.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Member

I don't post here much, but decided to post in this thread, because I agree with those who believe this is the Rockets biggest issue.

Yes, turnovers are a problem. Yes Free throw shooting is a problem. But, if Howard/TJones would own the boards, especially on the defensive end & Harden would come out with a true killer instinct, all those other problems would seem so small.

With our turnovers we can't afford to give teams second chance opportunities to allow them offensive rebounds. We have the people on this team to take that away. They just need to make it happen. Remember when Dwight pulled down 26 in game 3 against the Mavs? That was heart. He doesn't need to average 26 or anything like that against the Clips, but he needs to dedicate himself to the boards. 10 rebounds ain't going to get it done.

& in the fourth Qtr, Harden needs to be calling for the ball & he needs to be taking it to the rim on every possession.... before the hack-a-dwight.

That's all I've got to say, hoping the Rockets pull it together & pull out a series win in five games.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The Rockets and their fans waited over a year for a conference semifinal after the 0.9 second series walk off buzzer beater heartbreaker last year. 1 year and 2 days to be exact. What a let down, what an embarresment.

Best thing about this series is only 1 day off between games. The Rockets will either show some heart or it will be over real soon.