1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HEARTLESS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, May 4, 2015.

1. BigTex

BigTex Member

Can't remember seeing a more lackadaisical sloppy playoff game. At one point it was 92-88 and it seemed like they had already given up. Was painful to watch

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm most disappointed in Harden. Tonight was his night to show the world why he should've won MVP, and I says he comes out and turns it over on every damn possession.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm gonna be calling out a lot of you fake fans after we win this series and you're all "I knew we could do this!"

One bad (okay, horrible) game by a rusty team and you guys are ready to throw in the towel. :rolleyes:

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Game 2 against Portland last season wasn't pretty. Aside from Dwight in the first half, the rest of the team was not good. Obviously it wasn't on the level of tonight's disgrace, but it's the closest I can think of from a recent playoff series.

Otherwise we may have to go back to the 1999 series against the Lakers where Quitten....uh, quit on the Rockets.

5. liveguy

liveguy Member

Dude....Morey will get you the players....but if you're the coach...you HAVE TO have a system and hold players accountable for bs effort.

This is NOT on Morey at ALL.

This is on the coach and the coach alone.

Harden playing like he got as party to get to?

You SIT him....but naw....Herman just hoe hums it like Kubiak.

GM's job is to get you the players you need and Morey is one of the best at it...

He cant do every effing thing.

1 person likes this.
  6. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

If you get blown out on your homecourt by a CP3-less Clippers... Houston, we have a problem.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

come on, what did you expect from fans after the garbage

That was one of the most painful thing ever, why should fans give a shet when they play like that in the playoffs, it's honest a waste of time

when you emotionally invest in something everyone needs a place to rant

8. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

You're underestimating. This is the conference semis. Rust isn't an excuse.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This was more than rust. Like I keep saying in other threads, Rox showed lack of professionalism tonight in not taking their opponent seriously. That's inexcusable at this point in the season.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dont give a crap about the loss...What I witnessed those last few minutes in a close basketball game was pathetic.

And "fake" fans??? How about calling a spade a spade...The Rockets embarrassed the city of Houston and her fans.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think any (rational) fan is throwing in the towel. I think it is justified to be dejected after such an atrocious performance, though. I mean...it's one thing to be outplayed. It's one thing to be out hustled. I just can't believe the Rockets straight up didn't want it.

12. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's tough to defend the team you love to all the critics with performances like that. Why do they have to prove them right? Why?

13. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Member

It wasn't lack of effort. It's a lack of a system. Once Harden is doubled Rockets are lost. Same story in game 2.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, we got out coached. We can't reply on 3 point shootin for the sake of 3 point shooting, we need some inside /outside game...

like the clippers.

this works in the regular season and vs a team that plays zero defense like Dallas but the Clippers are different, they have a much bigger inside presence.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This. People dont see the strings that move the puppet

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Won't win a championship much less a game in this series with this type of mentality and effort. I don't even care particulary about the loss, we've lost many games over the years. But WOW, I was not expecting to see loser's mentality game 1 of the west semis at home.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Will put it like this, considering the sources

(From that poster, indifferent )

Coming from YOU and anybody else - for SURE, can't blame anyone

THIS kinda game is what even STARTED the old "Choke City" headlines :( BUT, there is still series left and CANT keep the heads down.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are all fans (majority) and I get pissed about this fake fans stuff from you and ppl like tinmac

They have a right to be pissed off about the attitude of the team

We can only hope for better results.

1 person likes this.
  19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Please. Harden's been seeing double teams all season, especially since the All-Star Break. Last time I checked, the Rockets seemed to do just fine in most of those games, including 2 vs the Clippers.

They just didn't show up tonight. Once the Clippers refused to lay down and quit, the Rockets gave up.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

GSW had a long layoff and came out to blow the opponent out like nothing.

I hate the Clippers to the gut. But I have to admit that they have much more heart than the Rockets.