1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heart warming moment on the football field

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by bobmarley, Sep 27, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I was expecting this video to have some ******* tackle the kid with down syndrome lol.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I'm kind of with you, but it all depends on what the person could really comprehend.

I typically think Down's syndrome folks are more aware than a lot of people think. Okay, maybe you wouldn't give them a calculus assignment, but people's emotions and body language are all still fair game.

If the kid could tell people were faking it... I dunno... just feels kind of bad.

I would almost prefer to see the kid in a *real* football play and then, even if he didn't do anything special, everyone gives him a big celebration and congrats.

If he thinks he scored that touchdown though, then cool.

I love the movie "The Eighth Day," by the way, which has a Down's kid as its main character -- just amazing and it makes me cry. Anybody seen that?

3. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Member

I hope the kid had his dreams come true but I still feel that it is kind of wrong to let a handicapped kid suit up and play in a competitive game and to have the opposing team let the kid score. Does anyone else think that it is a bit insulting and degrading to the handicapped athlete?