1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hearing Anything About Wandy?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by XIrocket, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

I am hearing so rumors that he might be moved soon. :confused:

2. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Source? MLBtraderumors hasn't reported anything particular on him.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Where are you hearing these rumors that he might be moved "soon"?

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

I wouldn't think a trade for him is imminent. His last 2 starts have probably hurt potential returns. If you are a Stros fan, pray that he strings to together some starts before now and the trade deadline.

5. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

wandy hasn't looked great lately, but his 3.27 era is better than all the rangers starters for example..

he is a solid lefty, yes he will struggle but every pitcher does. If he can get on a team that can actually produce runs he would a lot better than his 5-4 record indicates.

I still think we can get some good prospects for him. especially if a team is desperate and they need him bad enough they will give up good guys. Plus i think Lunhow is gonna be a beast in getting great prospects in trades.

6. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

hell Derek Holland has a 5+ era right now.. trust me teams will line up at the door for Wandy

7. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Toronto has lost 3 starters in the past 4 games. I wonder if they'll be interested in wandy. They match up as a pretty good trading partner for the Astros. They have a ton of interesting high upside arms in the lower levels of the minors.

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I wonder if the Blue Jays would be willing to part with Noah Syndergaard. That's an arm I really like in their system.

9. Major

Major Member

At this point in his career, I think Wandy is established enough that a couple of starts aren't really going to change how GMs value him. If Wandy has a couple of bad starts, our GM wouldn't lower his price. And if Wandy has a couple of great starts, no other GM is going to raise their price.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Syndergaard is a native of Mansfield and will turn 20 on August 29. He's a 6'5", 200 lb RHP and is already throwing in the mid-to-upper 90s consistently. Some reports have him going upwards of 100. Also throws a low-90s 2-seamer. Has a high 70s curve with 12-6 break and plus potential. His circle change is ahead of his curve in terms of development and comes in at the mid 80s. It has above-average to plus potential.

Scouting report on Syndergaard

Another one of those low-level arms in the Blue Jays system that might be worth getting is Justin Nicolino. This lanky lefty works in the low 90s with the potential for more MPH as he fills out (he's 160-170 right now). His best pitch is a high 70s change that might be just as good as Nick Tropeano's. He also throws a curve that's work in progress.

Justin Nicolino scouting report

11. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

So in other words....you have heard nothing.

Regardless, I hope he gets a few more good starts in.

12. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/..._giants_blue_jays_scouting_rodriguez/11053742

Apparently the Yankees, giants, and blue jays were scouting Rodriguez last night. Always thought the jays were the best fit. I don't think the Astros are going to get a blue chip (top 50) type prospect for wandy. However toronto has a number of low level high ceiling pitching prospects who could be an appropriate center piece. And they have a need for starting pitching.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Blue Jays definitely have the pieces.

Nicolino/Carlos Perez/Matt Dean would be enough for me. They have plenty of combinations that would work. They are extremely deep in pitching and catching.

14. bobrek

And they should throw in Gose as well so that won't come back to bite the Astros. :)

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>H5AB source; <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Astros">#Astros</a> in serious negotiation for W. Rodriguez. Could be dealt by end of weekend</p>&mdash; Houston 5A Baseball (@H5AB) <a href="https://twitter.com/H5AB/status/215805383808262145" data-datetime="2012-06-21T13:56:27+00:00">June 21, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

sent this one right after:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>H5AB Source; "Its AL team &amp; theyre very aggressive in their desire to aquire Rodriguez" <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Astros">#Astros</a> are in a great sot here, could clean up</p>&mdash; Houston 5A Baseball (@H5AB) <a href="https://twitter.com/H5AB/status/215807418121195520" data-datetime="2012-06-21T14:04:32+00:00">June 21, 2012</a></blockquote>

17. drewd17

drewd17 Member

Serious negotiations with who? Hell I can hop on twitter and start a rumor mill.

What's next Jermaine dupre as our Houston insider

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

multiple sources (via ESPN rumor mill) have seemed to indicate Toronto as still interested in buying and in Wandy. That has me thinking it must be them

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Uh, this is an actual known reporter, not some random yahoo on Twitter. As far as "with who?", why in the world would anyone connected with the team leak that information? :confused: It's not as if this is public knowledge. As a reporter, you have to deal with the information you're given, which in trade negotiations is never anywhere close to complete.

20. bobrek

Don't like the fact that the Astros are in a great 'sot'. No good trades are made when they're drunk. :)

I think that's how the Joe Morgan trade was done.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.