1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heard Bullard on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 31, 2004.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was driving out of Htown today and I heard the 610 talk show talk to Air Bullard.

Bullard mentioned that he really liked Steve and Cuttino and they 'were about winning'. It sounded like he did not favor the trade. He mentioned Tmac trade 'as getting the leading scorer in the NBA'.

Also mentioned that he threw the inbounds pass to Vernon Maxwell against Miami when Vernon hit the 35ft fadeway that put the game into overtime.

Also mentioned despite his offcourt problems, he got along great with Vernon and that Vernon was all about winning.

I'm going to cry now.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

What time was this?

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4 pm ish...

4. rocket3forlife2

I could see that as well.When we lost they felt like they let the city down they loved Houston not just the rockets,but the city as well.I dont think the group of guys we have right now care about houston as a city like that at all.I know alot of people didn't like steve and cuttino ,but those where pure rockets this is all they knew.now we have old players that have been all over the leauge and expect them to have chemistry and become family.You know what I mean!!

5. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Exactly, and when MoT leaves i won't even recognize these guys as the greatest Rocket team ever assembled. ;)

6. sydmill

sydmill Member

Hell, Steve STILL loves the city of Houston. If Lovin' Steve is wrong, I dont want to be right.

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

:D :D :D :D :D

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I think he was talking to Rich Lord. He mentioned that he will take some air time from Van when the Comets season starts. Also I think they will regularly talk to Bullard during the Rockets season.

Am I the only person to have heard this? I know some of you have cause some of the callers called in and refered to him as 'AIR BULLARD'

Oh, one caller called in and asked Bullard if Phil Jackson would be good for the Rockets and Bullard said no for now.
    He said that Phil would only go to a team that is already an elite team such as the Bulls with Jordan and Lakers with Shaq/Kobe and that the Rockets were not a good team now.

Bullard also mentioned that the team chemistry on the Rockets is not good.

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I got to hear this yesterday too, he also talked about players that he got along with on and off the court and said OT, Clyde, Mad Max but didnt say Dreams name...:(

#9 Davidoff, Dec 31, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I heard a little of it. I loved it when he was talking about that inbounds pass to Vernon Maxwell and he said that he played 2 seconds in that game and never once stepped on the court.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

This board is ridiculous.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I always got the impression that Dream wasnt much of a hangout on off days kind of guy..

by all reports I ever heard, he valued his privacy and his time with family when not playing..

I would guess that would mean that when the rest of the players were out having some drinks and hangin...Dream was probably nowhere to be found...

that might explain the "getting along off the court" bit...

or not...who knows...Im just specualtin here folks...;)

13. tinman

Supporting Member

OT was the first guy he mentioned. Apparently OT likes to play golf.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Where is Cohen?
    [​IMG]
    Why does he not reply on my post? I know he likes to give me one star. I dont blame him, he's a woman.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Amen.

16. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I caught the tail end of Bull's segment.

He said that Steve, and Cat always played hard, and to win. He was diplomatic when asked if the trade was a good one or not. He said that anytime you can get the leading scorer in the league it's a good thing. But I think he feels we gave up a little too much to get T-Mac, as do I. Cuttino, and Steve for T-Mac would have been about equal.

The part about Vernon was when the hosts asked him if he could remember any colorful MadMax memories. He recounted the game tinman mentioned. He said that when they were down by 3 the coach put him in to inbounds the ball. He threw it to MadMax, he hit the 3 to tie it, then they took Bull out, and won it in overtime. He said that was the shortest time he was ever in a game in his life. I guess technically he never actually got out on the court. lol

Go AirBull!!!