1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hear me out] Am I the only one that likes this team as it is? (in terms of adding another all-star)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 18, 2014.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

This guy says he doesn't drink or smoke weed in the Hangout, but the ideas conveyed in this post is like the result of doing both at once.

You don't want to see this team become the Miami Heat or the Boston Celtics. You mean the last two EC teams to win the NBA title? The last two EC teams that won titles because they had 3 legitimate superstars?

We're not going anywhere in this stacked WC with our current roster. Even if we beat POR, we would have had to go up against SA, the perfect team. If we got past SA somehow, we would have to go up against OKC, the team with the MVP and another top 10 player.

Next year, it'll be the same thing. If Dallas falls out of contention, Phoenix will be right there to take their spot.

How many more years of "continuing maturity" before Howard / Harden get frustrated with the organization?

Without adding a third superstar, I just don't think this team can compete for the Finals in the WC year in, year out. We'll be damn good - just not good enough.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I wouldn't say not a chance in hell, because if he wants to do it somewhere else, no one else offers him two young stars like Houston. However, it won't happen. Still, the hope for LeBron is the only scenario where I think it makes any sense to not pull the trigger on Anthony or Love this offseason, but even then, you still have the options to get it done.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

His good looks elevates his status

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think another All-Star is needed, necessarily. But, the team can't simply stay as it is. One, Asik will be leaving, and then we'll have no back-up center. Two, we don't have a reliable backup at SF or SG. Three, our power forwards are a tad light on experience. Four, we could use more talent overall. Maybe the change is only swapping Asik for a vetern PF and spending the MLE on a legitimate swingman. It'll probably end up as more change than that, but that's the bare minimum of how much change we'll have.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would totally be on board with the team as is and use the MLE to sign some solid vets. We just need a coach

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

oath. this team isnt good enough. perimeter D is atrocious, our best player off the bench is the most inconsistent jekyl and hyde impersonator and our franchise cornerstone just keeps becoming houdini in the playoffs.

its fine.

they're young, harden will get better, i'd like asik and lin gone for a 3rd star somehow.

but op you're absolutely deluding yourself if you think this team is good enough as constructed.

7. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

We're screwed :rolleyes: ..........

With all this talk of getting rid of Harden, he's the one player that actually works with "Moreyball".... So getting rid of Harden would be absolute suicide.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why are all your threads about seeking self-validation?
    Is this a troll account?

Am I the only one...
    Does anyone else...
    Who else...
    etc.

9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

But if you use the MLE this year and don't deal Asik for anything then you can't even offer the max next year in the process of losing an asset, with the real possibility of losing Parsons too.

10. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

i would trade Harden for Love straight up yesterday, but it will never happen.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Mchale bow's down and Larry Brown became coach somehow, life would be very different for the Rox.