1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heads up] Vince Young live on VinceRadio 610 @ 9AM (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fegwu, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's what the young folks call keeping it real.

2. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I'm not making myself available to the draft but thanks for the love.

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

VY can't be annoyed....he's about to be a multi-millionare.

Would you be annoyed??

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tony Banks: David. . . hello .. it's me Tony
    David Carr: Hey man what's up
    Tony Banks: Man . . I been replaced
    David Carr: WHAT!>!>?!>?!> By who??? I cannot have my back up replace. .. I'm going to talk to McNair. . you cannot be replace. . . who the hell they replace you with
    Tony Banks: uhm . .. well .. . . YOU

VY in 2006

Rocket River

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Funny stuff RR.

6. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I was waiting for something like what Clutch wrote earlier. I agree that I think VY just wanted to be the first pick. Of course, the Texans owning that pick is a plus, but maybe he really just doesn't wanna fall behind Reggie Bush again?

That picture, VY does look annoyed....

I'm still leaning towards Bush, as him and DD can coexist much better than VY and Carr could in terms of playing time. However, I'm almost right down the middle after hearing from VY and him lobbying to be this pick. I believe that he'll work hard to fulfill being the number 1 pick overall. And I learn not to ever doubt him.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don't agree w/ this at all. Every athlete has aspirations of playing for their hometown team, it just so happens that we have the #1 pick. If it was a team like New Orleans or even the Titans w/ the #1, I don't think VY would be talking about how much he wants to play for them.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Exactly, if the Saints had the first pick, I think Vince would be polite but not NEAR as anxious to play for them.

I think Vince genuinly WANTS to play for Houston.....and feels it is HIS town.

DD

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I heard a replay from the Chronicle site...Who doesn't want to play for the home team...It rarely happens, but if you have the opportunity, then you do it...The Texans will make a huge PR/Football mistake for not taking him...too much upside...Don't give Carr the bonus...trade him now...Even if you have a veteran play the first year, VY will be groomed as Steve McNair was...SM career turned out alright...

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Talking about the cap hit should we re-sign Carr before moving him how come no one is talking about the caveat - which is the NFL cap going up to about $100M? We could take a cap hit for one season or two max and still be in descent shape.

We are in rebuilding mode like it or not and the FA in this offseason is not that tantalizing anyway. Drafting VY and keeping Carr is not a wise option for the franchise and Carr's health.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Trade Carr, sign John Kitna, and groom Vince.

DD

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with Vince having his own show (as long as he focuses on the Longhorns), but if he doesn't get drafted by Texans (which he won't), it won't last.

The best move that Vince could make would be to go to the Titans. Sitting out one year under his mentor learning their system would prepare him better than bringing him here under a soon to be released Carr (awkward).

Vince is definately not ready to start. The fans would be impatient with his development and start the booing.

Don't get me wrong. If we had an established coaching staff and team and our record was based on injuries and he was stepping into a situation where we NEEDED a QB change that would be different.

That's not the case.

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Houston, TEXAS!!!!!!!

VY is our man!!

14. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Trade Carr, sign John {fill in the blank}, and groom Vince.

clm

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Goodman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.