1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heads up] Vince Young live on VinceRadio 610 @ 9AM (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fegwu, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

he's standing next to chance.....

:p

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Nice pic. I thought about coming to the station to get my Jersey autographed (because I collect them, not because I have a man crush). Sounds like I wouldn't have had a shot though.

Max, did Vince really respond to the last question like that?

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I was pinching him.

Seriously, some people are just amazing. I post a pic and the first thing that hits Mlittle's mind is "he looks annoyed" What a miserable existence. You are probably the guy that wins the lottery and then immediately complains about the taxes.

:D

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Strong wireless signal in your blind?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

In M's defense.. VY does kinda have that "wtf is this crazy cracker doing?" look on his face.

And I also agree, dude looks huge in that pic.. or maybe Chance is just tiny.. :cool:

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Chance.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting that interview.....it is really special to be able to follow your home town from another city.

DD

IN HOC !

#46 DaDakota, Jan 11, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  7. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

no prob my brutha. Thank Vince. Major props to him for coming in and spending damned near an hour and a half politicking his way into The Texans.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I WANT VINCE YOUNG, DAMMIT!

i feel a lot better now.

9. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

You did get in signed up here at clutchfans.net? :D

Seriously, nice job Chance!

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is so composed....that Joe Montana Superbowl comment says a LOT about the man.

And....he WANTS to play for the Texans....WANTS TO, that is huge......

Charlie, save your job, bring Vince home.

DD

#50 DaDakota, Jan 11, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah, he really did say "Come on Texans, go have a meeting right now." That was pretty damn funny.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

DD do you make your regularly scheduled Pro-Vince post every 10 minutes, and then think of some other over the top man crush comment you can make about him, then decide you better hurry up and edit your post to include it. I'm just curious what your process is.

;)

13. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Nice interview...thanks for posting it up chance

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Vince does look annoyed in those photos, but I doubt he really is annoyed. Besides, when Vince Young smiles, people die. Thanks for posting all that Chance... very cool stuff.

Is it even feasible to trade David Carr? I've heard that trading him means the Texans take a cap hit, or his money stays on the cap or something? I'm too much of an NBA contract guy ... I don't understand the NFL salary cap. If they can't get value for Carr, I'd think you have to go Reggie Bush still. I would love it if they could get something significant for Carr.

I'd add also that Vince may want to play for Houston ... but if the Titans had the #1 pick and the Texans had the #3, I highly doubt he'd be hoping that he was passed in the top 2. He wants, first and foremost, to be the #1 pick.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

to trade carr they would have to resign him to the contract extension agreed upon on his first contract, the one everyone keeps referring to. I think that carries an $8MM signing bonus. They would take the entire cap hit of the bonus if they trade him. that's how I believe the signing bonus works. I also don't know how long the extension is.

they can also franchise carr. which means pay him the avg of the top three qb contracts I believe, for one year but I don't know if they can trade a franchised player. probably not.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they can also extend him for 2 years at $5 million instead of the 3 at $8 mill.

they can put something called a transition tag on him, too, that makes it easier to trade him.

17. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Great work Chance. I will tell my children of this crucial role you played to bring Vince home. Of course I will also mention you Yao Ming hit.

:)

18. Silfam

Silfam Contributing Member

Chance! --- Jason Silverman.......

Let's draft Chance #1, trade Carr to NO, and then get Young at number two. It's like the dream team.

19. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

They take a cap hit on the signing bonus, it's guaranteed money.
    So if they want V Young they probably will keep Carr at the 2 yr ext.
    If they want Bush they will sign Carr to the 3 yr. ext.

That's what I am waiting for.

I doubt they can trade Carr unless another team doesn't have a cap problem.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The best route to trade Carr is to franchise him for one year at around $10 million (I read it was $8 million last year and should rise a bit as the salary cap rises). He would be a more attractive asset for another team because they would not have to take on a signing bonus. It would also be the least painful route for the Texans to absorb a cap hit. That's my understanding. My instinct is to take Bush, or trade down and get a package, but maybe Carr is already ruined here since everybody and his mother wants Vince Young. I'm on board. He wants to be here, Houston wants him to be here, I want to him here..let's hope Bob McNair wants him here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.