1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heads up: Lior Eliyahu on NBA TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hicklander, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Just a couple of heads up on the rockets prospect. A couple of games of the NBA Europe Tour he will play on. These are on NBA TV and just to note he plays forward for Macabi Tel Aviv and is number 8. We will get to seem him against some NBA competition for whatever it counts.... goofy lookin kid in my opinion

http://www.maccabi.co.il/MaccabiPersonalPlayer.asp?PLN=08&Year=2007&language=english

Sunday Oct 8 at 10 am SA Spurs vs. Macabi Tel Aviv

Tuesday Oct. 10 at 12 pm CSKA Moscow vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv

also the loser of that game plays against loser of the 76ers for suns on

Wed Oct. 11 at 12pm

and the winner plays on

Wed Oct. 11 at 3pm on ESPN2

2. Hicklander

Just so you know NBATV is channel
    402 on DISH
    101 on TW Cable
    601 on Direct TV

3. Proz4k

Proz4k Member

He's gonna play alot of mins for sure!... :cool: ;)

4. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I assume you're kidding.

Lior will probably be buried on the end of the bench of that team all year. Maccabi Tel Aviv is a top-notch team of near-NBA quality. Eliyahu is way too raw at this point to get consistent minutes, a la Tskitishvili on Benetton Treviso several years back.

6. Hicklander

After watching CSKA Moscow put a pounding on the Clips even a backup forward on a top tier Euroleague team is sorta exciting

7. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

2nd round pick this year - We traded cash to the Hornets for the pick

He will get minutes.... Its a friendly exhibition, so even though he will ride the pine during their regular season, they will play their youngins in this friendly

Check THIS:

Big win over Bologna

A great second half gave Maccabi a 93-67 win and a perfect 4-0 record in the preseason. Jasaitis, Buford and Eliyahu played great
    10/06/2006

Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv beat Climamio Bologna for the second time in a week and improved during the preseason to 4-0 .
    Maccabi celebrated with an easy 93-67 win in a game that held in Paris.
    The first half was tight but Maccabi played an amzing 3rd quarter. Buford and Jasaitis shot from all over the place, Eliyahu dunked and Bynum gave great assists. Along with aggressive defense Maccabi ran away to 88-59.
    Maccabi scorers: Jasaitis 22, Buford 18, Eliyahu 16, Green 11, Vuijic 6, Bynum 6, Shason 5, Halperin 5, Arnold 4.
    Maccabi's next opponent is San Antonio Spurs.

For more : http://www.maccabi.co.il/Default.asp?language=english

8. Hicklander

I watched the game this morning against the SAS and figured I'd give a recap. Basically he started and even did the jump ball. He looks to have good height but he might lack a little in strength and conditioning.He seems like he has a pretty outside shot for a big guy and seems to understand the game. The main issue with him is he doesn't seem to be the kinda guy to get himself into the game. Although he looks as though he understand the plays Macabi is running he looks as though he isn't sure about himself. I believe he scored bout 8 points and had a couple of rebounds on approx 20 mins in the game

9. MONON

MONON Member

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like he needs a year or 2 for seasoning.

10. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i bet when this guy comes to the rockets, he will immediately start at power forward. 16 points is a good look. :D

11. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

We need more Jewish ballers in the NBA... isn't Jordan Farmar the only one right now?

12. Hicklander

Ok recap of the CSKA Moscow versus Macabi Tel Aviv for Lior Eliyahu. Be advised I'm typing this recap on my blackberry while watching the game so sorry bout grammar and spelling

He does the jump ball loses it. Announcer talk about how he is a overly talented player and how he got drafted by the rox. They say he needs two to three years before he will be a very good pf in the nba. They said that works out perfectly because he has to serve time in the israeli army. They say he needs to led his body fill out a bit. They say that he is basically a SF trapped in a PF's body
    Early on he is posted up on by a much bigger guy who I think is the center for CSKA and he is basically forced into two fouls then he gets the ball on the offensive side and drives in for a gorgeous reverse. He looks as though he is good at blocking out for rebounds but really lacks the weight to push anybody around.
    Early on in the first quarter Lior gets a rebound on the defensive side and dribbles the ball all the way down the court and gets a layup with 2 guys in his face. Shortly after he anticipates a pass steals the ball runs the court and goes for a dunk. I don't know exactly who to compare him to but his game looks a bit like Nowitzki.
    Lior sits out the last few mins of the first quarter and come in more then half way though the second quarter. Its very obvious that Lior can actually bring the ball down the court very well for a big guy. The announcers can't stop talking about Lior. Saying how great of body control he has. He showed he could shoot the jumper, drive in and run the floor. They compared him to a atheltic turkolou(sp). This all being what the announcers are saying

As of the end of the second quarter he has about 14 points 2 steals bout 3 rebound in only bout 10 mins

13. Hicklander

Ok 3rd quarter Lior gets a couple of easy points including a driving dunk where he shows off his hops also he has a nice block against the back board. Lior sits out a lot of the 3rd and 4th due to defensive mismatches

Lior finishes with 21 points

Maccabi loses 90 to 81

Ill post his stats when I get to a PC

Your really missing some good oppoturnities to see a future rox if your not watching these games

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Is this the correct way to pronounce his last name?

Eli-Yahoo

15. Hicklander

The announcers were saying his name as

Lee-or. Eli-yahoo

16. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I watched the game, he looked good. 21 points, 10 boards, on 9-11 fg.