1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heads Up -- Fast Paced Fun Game On Now

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

If you're interested and want to watch a back-and-forth game with not a lot of defense being played, turn on TNT. The Nugs and Sonics are playing and it's 32-27 Denver with 1 minute left in the first. Nugs only have 8 healthy players tonight, and Iverson is carrying the load so far (12 points and 6 -- SIX -- assists).

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

This game is pretty good so far. I can't wait for Caremelo to return though :cool:

3. Omer

Omer Member

Wow, Iverson 23 pts 7 asst in first half.

T-Mac hasn't even been doing that in a whole game lately.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Don't make me cry son

5. redefined

But they also have 60 points. I dont know how many times we've reached that mark at the end of the 3rd :mad:

The more I watch other teams play...the more and more I hate the Rockets

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Hate the Rockets? :mad:

What are you doing on this site at all?

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Feel free to leave at any time.

8. redefined

I'm sorry...after watching the Mavs game..I'm so disgusted. I still can't get over the fact that I hate JVG so much. I don't hate the Rockets. I travel half way across the country to watch them play :)

but if we aren't going anywhere..then why am I wasting my time :confused:

9. redefined

Actually, I'm pretty calm and cool about this now. It's just real irritating. Just think, since 99 we've been suffering :(

We're good people and deserve a lot better.

Anyways, back to the Nuggets game, I definitely like what I'm seeing with Iverson. He seems real pleased with the situation too!

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to withhold judgment until they play a team not missing both of its top two scorers. (Pierce/Wally Z and Allen/Rashard).

11. redefined

You're acting as if the Nuggets are at full strength! With what they have right now, I'm real impressed. Boykins has really stepped up his game and it may have a lot do with Iverson!

12. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

They lost the Sacramento game. The best player they've had to defend against since then is...Luke Ridnour? Any Allen Iverson led team is going to beat teams of that level. He proved that playing with a garbage supporting cast in Philly for years.

All I know is a Rockets team that went against the Seattle/Boston lineups Denver has faced, they would have a chance of holding them under 60.

Giving up 105 to a Boston team without Pierce and Wally would concern me. Giving up 98 to Seattle minus Allen and Lewis is worrisome. If Allan Ray can put up a dozen against you in 18 minutes, what could Ray Allen have done? If Al Jefferson goes for 16-15, what about Duncan? We're talking about a pair of teams that frankly aren't very good to begin with, minus their two best players (who happen to all be perimeter players)...and they were at home, and it's not like either victory was total domination.

Iverson-Boykins will be effective when the biggest threat is Luke Ridnour because they can't take advantage of where the liability is -- defensively. Pierce, Ray Allen, Wally Z, or Rashard Lewis would have a field day posting up or just shooting over the top because they're stars. Damien Wilkens got off and he's not very good. The talent level they've faced hasn't just been bad, it's been terrible.

Their first game, they played a sub .500 Sacramento team without Artest and lost. John freaking Salmons dropped a triple double on them. Boykins+Iverson in the backcourt is very vulnerable to big guards of any sort of talent just going off on them. See Salmons. See Damien Wilkens. See Tony Allen/Gerald Green both putting up strong performances.

Denver's stretch gets even better. They've hit Boston and Seattle minus their talent. Next up is the flat out decimated Hornets team - I would be concerned if that team gets anywhere near triple digits.

If they hang with Dallas (not necessarily even beat them), that would mean something.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

jackpot. couldn't have said it any better

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well

you have certainly redefined the definition of a bandwagon fan.

no

Im wrong...you didnt redefine it....you just very clearly illustrated the definition of one.

matter of fact....you should cease calling yourself a Rockets fan....its an insult to the real ones that never question their fandom even thru tough times.

You think what we are going thru is hard??
    You would have never made it as a Rockets fan in the mid 70s or late 80s.

THOSE were hard times to be a Rockets fan....this is easy street in comparison.

NIKE....have I told you lately....

YOU ROCK !!

/me channels The Todd........Virtual high five !! :D

15. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

hahah the blizzards mustve cooled AI3 off

16. redefined

Well, we are 5 games above 500. I guess I did redefine the defition of a bandwagon fan ;)

17. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

Brief follow up...

New Orleans gets near triple digits minus CP3, Peja, David West, and Bobby Jackson...Devin freaking Brown nearly drops a triple double.

Iverson and Boykins combine for 47.. and they lose by 10.

I'm just in a good mood because the Rockets steamrolled tonight. THAT is how you win.

18. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

So... mediocre at best basketball with horrible defense = fun.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I know this is about tuning into a particular game but every Phoenix Suns game has potential of becoming a faced paced no D game. Still gimme ugly slug it out winning ball over stylish flashy mediocre ball any day of the weak. Enjoy that this team is tops in something. Now if the Rockets can just beat the West more.. ;)

20. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

You guys do realize that while we're beating teams that are missing their star players (except for last night), we're throwing out a lineup that consists of "AI and the Seven Stiffs" (nickname stolen shamelessly from another Nugs fan) right? I actually expected a loss last night. Back-to-back game, with travel, and we're starting Jamal Sampson. No shock what-so-ever. And I can tell you now that once JR and Melo come back, we're going to be seeing a lot less of Boykins out there so don't get too caught up in the AI-Boykins backcourt.