1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Headphones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J Sizzle, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Disciple of RP

...in fact, drop a whole $9 on these low level buds and come back and tell me how terrible they are for the price.

It won't happen.

You might find some "ladies" fighting over moo-moos in the hair gel isle, but you WILL be happy with the cheap headphones you just bought. I swear on the "Great Value" bible I just picked up next to Dianetics and copies of "Bridges of Madison County" and "Smokey and the Bandit 2" DVD's.

Praise Xenu.

#61 Disciple of RP, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Vmodas all the way

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

5. KDJ3

KDJ3 Member

I need headphones to wear while mowing the lawn. Suggestions?

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Get noise isolating in-ears like shure or etymotic. They act like ear plugs.

7. elrond

elrond Member

I'm also using V-moda M-100s. You can get them used from Amazon Warehouse deals for a discount, although it seems like the brand new price has also dropped. Sometimes they have special deals on their website as well.

Main reason I like them is that they fold up nice and small, but are still decent sized with good sound.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Marley headphones sound great

9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Member

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

I finally received them (two and a half weeks of travel).

Quick review:

Comfort: very light for a substantial headphone design. They really seal well around the ears... while they are not noise suppressing they seal out a lot of the noise around you and people near you don't hear a lot of the music. And the pad material is very soft and comfortable to the touch. And while looks are secondary... these look good, especially with the green detachable cord with phone controls and mini plug. There is a second black cord with a 1/4" plug for more serious connections like receivers and amps.

Sound: They need a few days to break in still, but people that like bass will really like these. They dip down low with good weight, and they also do a good job of separating lowest lows from mid-base. Most cheap headphones seem to boost mid-base in order to make you think they go low. These go low... but also have a strong mid-base line for popular music.

Mids are clear and strong. Vocals pop. Good separation, piano has a good sense of air and weight. Female vocals soar (Joni Mitchell, River).

Highs. These won't trick you that you are listening to ML or other electrostats. I am hoping these open up a bit more as they break in. But at least they sound clean.

Are these $150 headphones. Close, but not quite. Are they a steal for $50. Yup. Really happy with my purchase.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Replace the silicon tips with foam tips and it'll block out half of the noise from the lawnmower.

#71 Invisible Fan, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015