1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Headline: “JEFF VAN GUNDY FIRED!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, May 5, 2007.

1. conquistador#11

Nachbar got to the second round before JVG :( Exile Gundy back to New York,Ahorita

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

T-Mac in a post game interview just said, "I respect and love (JVG) as a coach... but my job is to go on the court and play. I don't know what they'll do in the office."

JVG's GONE! ;)

3. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Well the announcers on TNT hit it right on the head. We built this team to compliment Yao and Tmac. Somewhat we did, but Shane can't create, Head can't, Luther can't. Nobody on this team can create their own shots. If we had added two guys that are athletic and can create on their own we would be in business. Yao really messed up because he missed a lot of rebounds that should of been his. I am thoroughly dissapointed, I feel like throwing up. Like I said, Yao is a legitimate superstar but he is not taking the Houston Rockets anywhere. :mad:

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol

at the press conference he spoke about numbers and ****

this guy has no feelings whatsoever

comedy

5. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

Van Gundy left alot of talent on the bench all year. V-Span, Novak, Snyder, Wells.

I,ve never liked him as a couch and I never will.

6. Whoop92

Whoop92 Member

Overall Van Gumby did a decent job this year...but he was putrid this series...

He never figured out how to stop Utah...he never got anyone involved in the game but Yao and Tracey.

I don't think that rolling the ball out to Yao and T-Mac to get 50+ and just wander back in forth in front of the bench for the next couple hours.

He doesn't even seem to be watching the game most of the time...no called plays...doesn't use his timeouts well...doesn't prepare the team to win.

He got beat this series....simple as that.

Not sure he should get fired...but he should own this loss. This team doesn't have the talent to win a finals...but they should have gotten out of the first round.

7. amadeus

amadeus Member

Overplaying the starters,painful loss in game 7.

unreliable D in clutch games.

The same story in 2005,2007

8. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Man I hope all you blind JVG lovers throughout the season finally realize that he's a terrible coach now. Getting rid of him will be the only silver lining to this disappointing end. Oh and if I might add the rockets had no 3rd scorer and could have used bonzi!! Yet JVG was the real why we had no bonzi! :mad:

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Exactly what I thought.

Too much head and not enough heart.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I still firmly the duo of McGrady and Yao can get Houston places. I really really do. The gameplan needs to be overhauled to make that happen. You know what would work perfectly for the Rockets? Triangle offense. Too bad it's too late in Tracy's career to put this plan into action.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I still firmly believe the duo of McGrady and Yao can get Houston places. I really really do. The gameplan needs to be overhauled to make that happen. You know what would work perfectly for the Rockets? Triangle offense. Too bad it's too late in Tracy's career to put this plan into action.

12. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

YOU DONT FIRE A COACH WHOS CONTRACT IS UP.

you just don't resign him. This is a dumb thread.

13. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

ok...DON'T RESIGN JVG!!!

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

keep JVG. improve the talent around the strs

15. waterflea

waterflea Member

The biggest problem with JVG is that he never trusts and develops young players so the Rockets blow up draft picks year in and year out.
    Every great team starts from great draft picks, not necessarily from top picks! JVG and the GM did not give the team anything after Yao!

16. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

17. battousai

battousai Member

honestly, there was an article about Les talking with JVG over contract extension before the playoffs.

Les stated that he doesn't want JVG to be the head coach next season because of his feud with spanous, wells, and not developing novak.

I think JVG lost this game on purpose specially during the last 8 secs of the game7 with no fouls.

18. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Why are we talking about JVG????? JVG is not out there playing the game. I understand that he made boneheaded calls towards the end of the game. Honestly, the way we played, we deserved to lose. Yao's numbers are deceiving. His numbers should be way better than that, but he is too slow to react in game situations like the playoffs. Look at the league, this is not favoring Yao Ming. On a side note I love Yao but I think Kevin Garnett is a better fit if Houston still has a win now mentality.

19. Panda

Panda Member

If that's true, JVG is a traitor. :mad:

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

Look, JVG may be gone (and as a staunch JVG supporter, I am semi OK with this ....sorta), but don't make up stuff.

If there was an article that had Les critisizing JVG for not playing VSpan, Wells and Novak, it would have been all over this board.

And you may not like JVG, but don't insult his character by insinuating that he told his guys not to foul at the end (much less the fact that there is no way a player would follow through with that).

What are you, 8?