1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] True Detective: Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan_98, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They got masako from dexter on the case

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I fell asleep during the first episode.

I fell asleep during the second episode.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm digging it quite a bit. Cosmetic therapist's office (That was Rick Springfield?!) was my favorite scene so far. I continue to like Velcoro as a character, even though I'm not wild about Colin Ferrell. No issues with Vince Vaughn, although the vulnerability he had to portray this week was certainly against type. Seems clear he's going to spin out of control in a hurry.

For those complaining that it's a bit hard to follow, I understand, but I don't agree. I think they've done a nice job of establishing the characters so far.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I have to go back and re-watch the beginning where they spoke to each detective about their motives. I have no idea what they were saying to each... anyone want to make my life easier and summarize?

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was this because of the audio quality?

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

CS Lee is the man, might just have to start this season.

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

All of you ready to jump ship; let me help you by pushing you off the ledge. I will be so much more at ease when you all leave this thread alone. I have to skim several pages of ugh just to read any meaningful discussion. I get it. Season 1 is better. Good for you.

Me, on the other hand, I'm sold. I'm all aboard. It is already the show that I look forward to most each week. This week didn't disappoint.

So episode 1 lays the foundation. Episode 2 put in the plumbing.

Some deep stuff going on in here. I am liking the dialogue as well. Smart, full of meaning on different levels, and the characters are beginning to take real shape. I was impressed with the chemistry of our two detectives in season 1 just like everyone. But for me, the characters seem much more real to me already this season.

I will hold off some actual episode details for another day or two and let things sink in and watch it again, but WOW! WOW!

Later haters, hope you don't watch another episode, and I don't have to read another inch of y'alls drivel.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Does your brother work on this show or something? Dial back the sensitivity...

This schtick is way more annoying than someone voicing their opinions about a show.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Really? I feel the opposite.In season 1 Woody Harrelson was at least somewhat relatable, but in this season they are all too dark/depressed/moody for me to relate to any of them really at all.

I'm disappointed, because I really want to like this and it too be good but it's not done it for me yet. I still don't really know whats going on, and I too keep checking the time and getting the urge to change the channel. However that last scene did catch me off guard, I wonder if
    he's really dead because if so it seems like they just did away with perhaps the best actor/most interesting character so far in the series

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nonlethal shotgun rounds.

Still trying to figure out what kind of kink McAdams is in to.

11. Apps

Apps Member

I'm digging this season a lot. Probably brought up already, but did anyone notice the birdman picture in the "therapist's" office? And then it was a birdman who shot Velcoro in the house. Something is definitely up with that therapist. I think the Gurnsville connection near the end of episode 2 is also going to tie in the guru father with the therapist or something. It's gonna be some freaky West Coast sex cult stuff this season, I can feel it.

The only problem is the coherence of some of the lines. The scene where Farrell and McAdams were in the car, and McAdams was about to drop Farrell off, Farrell was saying things that literally sounded like gibberish. I couldn't tell if it was his American accent falling through or if the audio was just that muddled.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I looked up the Vinci City place that the slow is based in and it's fictional. It's based upon an actual city called Vernon, CA and that's where much of the show was filmed. Pretty interesting stuff, IMO.

This small scandalous town actually exists.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't think CHIPS is gay, just messed up by his mom/mercenary past.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think Ani may be a lot darker than we think. Her past seems a lot more ****ed up.

15. 713

713 Member

Yeah how she was introduce was through a guy apologizing for putting it in the wrong hole. lol

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Holy **** this season has been boring so far. I fell asleep 10 minutes in.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I look forward to all of your complaints and promises to quit the show as the series progresses.

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

So I just watched episode 2... and holy ****, I did not see that coming.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched the second episode again and I enjoyed it more than I did the first time around.

It's not a super clear show to follow but not impossible.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just saw Justin Lin from the Fast and Furious saga directing it instead of Cary Joji Fukunaga