1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Leftovers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You're in the extreme minority with that opinion. This show is going to win at least a few Emmys.

Rotten Tomatoes Scores:
    Season 3: 98%
    Season 2: 93%
    Season 1: 81%

CCity Zero and GRENDEL like this.
  2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the finale. I appreciate the creativity in which they were making you guess what was real and what wasn't.

CCity Zero, Svpernaut and GRENDEL like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I enjoyed it! I felt the finale was a good ending. I'll miss the show, but it was a good closing w/o dragging it out like some other shows do. It's one of the few shows I'd re-watch.

EssTooKayTD likes this.
  4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Haha. There were definitely times I was thinking, maybe I just don't get it. For me, this was one of those shows that, even though I didn't know what was going on, I kept tuning back in. And it wasn't until it was over, that I really got to reflect on it more. I believe if I had done more reflection throughout, I would have appreciated the show even more.

There is a lot of tragedy and headache. It's not normal for any form of media to be just depressing, so I didn't know how to look at it at first. Illustrating what people go through when dealing with such *unexplained* lost. It's so much more difficult to cope when you have no idea why or how something happened. As a viewer, you are just there, as Svpernaut says, with the characters. Just as clueless, just as helpless.

CCity Zero and GRENDEL like this.
  5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think the whole theme of loss and dealing with that loss is really at the heart of it. I don't think the story itself was as concerned with it's "on the ground" plot issues as it was with it's overreaching theme.......

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

It was good not great

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How many shows over the last 10 years have you considered great?

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Not too many

I'm just glad this show didn't end the way lost did

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched final season this week. I came away satisfied with the ending. I appreciate leaving the viewer with Nora telling her story instead of showing us her story.

As usual, the acting was great. Wanted more Regina King but the focus on Nora and Kevin worked well for the season and the finale.

GRENDEL likes this.