1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Lucky Louie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Feb 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Anyone watch this? I just found it on HBO Go and it's freakin hilarious. It's Louis CK uncensored in a sitcom format. It's ten times funnier than Louis on FX.

2. Classic

Classic Member

That show is hilarious-much funnier than his FX show. Rewatched the first season recently after I bought the box set. We laughed our asses off when it first came out on HBO 6/7 years ago & laughed as much watching it again recently.

3. macalu

damn, it was aired that long ago? i thought it was brand new. how many season's are there? i thought it was just one.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Good show, not nearly as good as Louie. It got canceled after one season, before everyone jumped on the bandwagon and started claiming Louis ck as their favorite comedian. If you didn't know about this show you probably only heard about ck a couple of years ago but claim to of liked him for ever.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never heard of the show but he's been one of my favorites his comedy special in 96...the story of him getting strip searched is one of my all time favorite bits. :p

Of course, not having HBO would be my excuse for not hearing of it. :eek:

6. Classic

Classic Member

Yeah, just one season....unfortunately.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The HBO show is what actually put me onto Louie in the first place. I loved that show, and was bummed that it didn't make it past a first season. I'm glad to see how much success he's had since then though.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm going to have check it out, hadn't heard of it either.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Well Louie isn't a straight up sitcom/comedy, more like a dramedy... and easily a better show in my opinion. I love Lucky Louie, but he's clearly gotten better since then.

10. macalu

well, some of us didn't grow up with HBO and i found myself laughing way more on this show than the FX one.

11. tmoney1101

I was being a little harsh, apologies. The beauty of Louie on fx is that it takes a pessimist to really enjoy the show to the full extent and that's what ck's comedy is all about. Don't get me wrong, i thought lucky Louie was a really good, but Jim Norton was my favorite part of the show.

#11 tmoney1101, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I give ****s.

13. tmoney1101

Hopefully you're getting paid for that.

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

CK is a good comedian and has a really good show but nothing compares to the great larry david in curb ur enthusiasm.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I hated it. And I love his standup and like Louie on F/X. Maybe I need to rewatch it (have not seen it since it ran on HBO in the mid-2000's) again