1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBO greenlights 'Game of Thrones' to series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Seriously, how so? To me, he's the stereotypical fantasy hero. Really the only cliche in the books. (he's still one of my favorite characters).

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member

He doesn't look like the stereotypical fantasy hero to me though, I think it's mainly the curly hair but he seems kind of childish and soft.

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I think it's the shaggy teenager beard that's what throwing me off. I have look at his other images without them and he seems to be a decent cast. I think the look it a bit too modern and too much of a hippie looking that's what turning me off. You're right about the hairstyle. I just can't point my finger on it but it's just too pampered.

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

When Jon Snow first went to the wall, I kind of thought of him as childish and soft in his own way. What you see through the books is him maturing.

5. Xerobull

Supporting Member

I agree- at Winterfell, he was pretty much royalty with the exception of being shunned by Catylin. At any rate, he was castle-raised and the son of a high lord. He was also 14 (or 15) in the first book. Given that, Jon having a babyface and looking the part of nobility is how I pictured him. He also acted the spurned brat throughout the first book.

The stereotypical part is his future in the additional books, and the prevailing R+L=J theories.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

I didn't picture him baby faced but at that age, I guess it fits.

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

The preview looks good, I'm looking forward to it. But I want Martin to actually finish the books.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

Brienne doesn't show up in the Hand's Tourney. She shows up in Renly's tourney after Robert and Ned are killed and the Young Wolf, Stannis and Renly are all vying for the throne that the incest boy sits. Lady Catelyn showed up at Renly's camp to plead with him to side with Rob and when she arrives the tournament is ongoing. Renly makes Brienne one of his Rainbow Guard immediately following her win. I'm pretty sure all of that is in the 2nd book.

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

That is what I also thought.

10. Xerobull

Supporting Member

I stand corrected. After reading the wiki, I wonder who they will cast for her?

[​IMG]

11. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I don't know how many of you watch Glee but they need to cast Coast Beiste as Brienne.

[​IMG]

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The physicality seems right, but she might be a little old to play Brienne.

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I thought that as well.

14. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Unfortunately, yeah. The age would be a factor based on certain relationships later in the books.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

At first look, Jon Snow wasn't anything like what I had imagined. But I remember back when Hugh Jackman got the role of Wolverine and everyone hated that, too. Now I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role. Perhaps it will be the same for Kit Harrington as Jon Snow. And Jon is my second favorite character in the series behind only Tyrion...which I couldn't be happier with the casting of Dinklage.

16. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Ridiculous amount of screen captures over here. Beware the inherent spoilers.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

That looked great, I cannot wait for the series to start. I approve of their casting.

18. Commodore

Commodore Member

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1151540"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=The Artisans: Simon Brindle&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1151540%26filter=game-of-thrones%26view=null"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1151540" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=The Artisans: Simon Brindle&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1151540%26filter=game-of-thrones%26view=null" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object><br><div><a title="The Artisans: Simon Brindle" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1151540&autoplay=true">The Artisans: Simon Brindle</a></div>

19. Xerobull

Supporting Member

20. Commodore

Commodore Member

GRRM, Sean Bean, Dinklage, and the producers are doing a press conference for a bunch of television critics right now. WiC is live blogging it with some other critics, lots of interesting information there.

Also, the premiere date is set.

[​IMG]