1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBO greenlights 'Game of Thrones' to series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Terrific casting!

It isn't news or anything, but I also really like Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

It is great casting. He very much fits the look for Drogo. And I'll get some after every episode from my wife, so that's awesome....

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Oh, she likes Jason Momoa, too huh? That's the only reason my fiance would watch Stargate Atlantis with me...

4. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Whatever gets the motor running. Momoa, Statham, The Rock...

Also helps that these guys aren't sappy drama dudes. We can watch their stuff together.

5. Commodore

Commodore Member

Casting announcements are coming in quickly now that filming is set to begin.

Aidan Gillen (Carcetti from The Wire) has been cast as Littlefinger.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QP-OF3kYhgk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QP-OF3kYhgk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lord Tywin and Beric the Lightning Lord are the only major roles from the first book left to be cast I think.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I just got finished reading the first book and I don't remember any Beric the Lightening Lord...is that the guy with the flaming sword?

7. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Yep, that was his gimmick in the Melee tourney, if memory serves.

EDIT- I was mistaken, it was Thoros of Mir who lit the swords on fire.

#67 Xerobull, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  8. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

Man, they are really nailing a lot of the casting with this. Nice

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

No, the flaming sword is Thoros who ends up with Beric in later books. Beric Dondarrion was a somewhat minor lord sent out to arrest Gregor in the first book.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I'm loving almost all of the casting thus far. Catelyn isn't quite what I imagined, but I'll admit to not knowing too much about the actress playing her. So I'm willing to give her a chance. I love that George R.R. Martin is so heavily involved in this. Hopefully that will keep them from making too many deviations from the source.

If you're on Twitter, you should follow Oliver Powell. He breaks all the casting news days before it's actually announced. You can find him here:

http://twitter.com/oliverpowell

11. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Double-edged sword, though. Old b*stard needs to finish the books. Hopefully he will withdraw a good bit after the casting is done.

#71 Xerobull, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I agree. But I've about given up on him ever finishing the series. Hopefully, the show will be a smash hit and it'll encourage him to finish the books so the series doesn't end unresolved. Both on TV and in print.

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

14. Xerobull

Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I'm a dork.

http://winter-is-coming.net/ <== this is a good one for all things related to the series.

1 person likes this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Member

WiC has revamped their site and they have a nice new casting page where you can see who is left to cast.

So many characters, it will be interesting to see how they handle it, doesn't seem doable.

17. devin23

devin23 Member

Good news. But I'd be surprised if a dance with dragons is finished by the END of the HBO series. That book is like a never finished product.

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I guessed I'm satisfy with that group but I totally hate the casting for Catelyn Stark. Just a bit too old looking.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

It's an improvement over the old actress.The prior actress was too pretty for the role.

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I totally disagreed. Jennifer Ehle is much younger looking than Michelle Fairley if you google image. She totally fit the look for me. Could be the acting.