1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Jul 21, 2010.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

13 episodes i think,
    i would imagine new season will come back after entourage ends

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

12 episodes.

They really ended it well these last two episodes. A little bit more drama, killing, etc.

I'm really interested to see what Eli, Jimmy, and Jimmy's father are planning against Nucky... it seems like an overtake, but Nucky would surely give up the people he worked with (which would include all 3 of those guys) if they were to turn Nucky in to the FBI. It'll be interesting to say the least.

#62 ItsMyFault, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Jimmy is really gonna align himself with the Commodore and Eil. He doesn't like Nucky much for pimping his 13-year-old mom, but given that his dad, the Commodore, was the one who had Nucky procure the girl, I'm not so sure he's so fond of the other side, either.

4. ItsMyFault

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he went with his father... the idea that he could become "the" guy and take control over Atlantic City is something that looks like he wants. It would provide more for his family... it looks as though he wants something bigger than a wingman role under Nucky. Now that he has the personnel (the biggest one probably being Eli because Eli is the closest to Nucky), he might just take their offer if it is in fact to have Jimmy take over.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can't imagine Eli, who is jealous of his older brother, will be content to let Jimmy be "the man." Besides, Eli is kind of an idiot. I got a feeling that Jimmy will eventually not get along with Eli and his dad.

6. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I'm glad this thread got bumped. A couple of things:

- What do you guys think about Buscemi in this role? I've always been a fan, but I just don't know if I'm fully convinced he was the best pick.

- I would love to see this series evolve into Luciano starting the "5 families".

- The girl that plays Margaret is an incredible actress. I don't know if it's her accent or what, but I think she's gorgeous.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I really liked the whole season. I read a lot of criticism online about how some of the episodes dragged early on, but I looked forward to the show every week and there was at least one fantastic scene in each episode as the story arcs chugged along. Good acting, great setting/costuming, plenty of action and pathos. And I thought Steve Buscemi was great... he's not a believable gangster, but that's Nucky. He's a dastardly lizard son of a b**** politician who keeps a big stick within reach at all times. He's also got a gooey marshmallow center, and he genuinely prefers to send everyone in his city home wealthier and happier (especially himself).

I think the Commodore/Eli/Jimmy triumvirate is setting itself up for an education on why Nucky is the boss. Nucky is good at getting everyone what the want, or at least what they need. What he isn't good at providing is the kind of love, respect, and approval that these three need from him. The prospect of taking over Atlantic City from Nucky and proving to him that he isn't irreplaceable may be irresistible, but running Atlantic City in the age of Prohibition ain't a walk in the park. I don't think any of them want Nucky dead, just humbled. Can't wait to see how that story plays out.

8. ItsMyFault

It was surprising to me that Buscemi could actually fill this role. I honestly didn't believe he could do it when I first heard about this show, it's like asking Jim Carrey to do mission impossible. He's done a rather good job, there might be times where he's not fit for certain things but for the most part he's been great IMO.

It would be a nice set off to have the other part of Boardwalk Empire, they're recreating events... but It'll be interesting to see where they go with it next season. Going towards Al Capone would also be a nice way to go.

She's done a great job. I used to hate her character in the beginning of the season. I thought her character was a self-loathing b**** who wanted sympathy from anyone who would give it to her. But her character has expanded into a type real wife sort-of of a somewhat gangster.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Just started watching this show a week ago and already made it through the finale. Awesome show with great characters if you like mobster movies. Not to mention the amount of t*tties shown as well as great lesbian scenes.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Season 2 premiere tonight, FYI. I can't wait.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I watched the last episode of Season 1 again last night. Got me pumped.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anyone got a link?

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nice start for season two. I hope they aren't writing out Chalkie! I don't care how uppity he is!

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched the whole first season a few weeks back on On Demand and we've loved the show, it's excellent across the board, didn't think it was every boring or uninteresting.

Season 2 premire yesterday was pretty good as well but I hope Chalkie comes back around....

16. Hippieloser

Chalkie will return... can there be any doubt? Too many interesting places to go with that character. I imagine we haven't seen the end of the Klan, either. Or Uncle Junior and his huge ****in' sideburns.

Want to see more of: Nucky, Jimmy, Commodore, Chalkie, Harrow, Margaret, Eli, Rothstein, Capone, Luciano, Lansky.

Want to see less of: JIMMY'S WIFE, children, Harrow's creepy scrapbook.

17. K mf G

Maybe somebody can give me some insight.
    Did Jimmy set up Chalky?

#77 K mf G, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  18. Hippieloser

Tommy? You mean Jimmy?

19. K mf G

yes my bad, his son is named tommy

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member