1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Jul 21, 2010.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Makes sense. He was probably in to having a lot of DY-rec-toar parties with young ladies.

"Call me, DY-rec-toar. Lights, camera, action."

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Does anyone feel like Capone staged the shooting on Torrio? I know in history everyone thinks its the rival irish gang but from all the hints and mannerisms I was getting throughout the episode I felt like Capone thought it was Torrio.

"At least Jonny made it out" when they got shot

And if you dont think Capone ordered the hit. Do you think Torrio tipped the Irishmen where Capone would be?

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Are you asking if Capone tipped the Irishmen where Torrio would be? I guess it is possible. I think the actor playing Capone was trying to be remorseful when visiting Torrio in the hospital. Capone could have killed him then. I think we will probably see Torrio again. Maybe the guys who put the hit on him will be villains next season...

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Next season confirmed to be the last, and only 8 episodes.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/tca-hbos-boardwalk-empire-to-end-run-after-season-5/

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Must be about the actors wanting to move on -- Buscemi? Because they have a lot more historical reference material to sustain the plot.

With some of the roles just now hitting key developments, 8 episodes seems like a rush to finish their arcs.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hmmm. Now that the show is ending, is it worth watching? It always looks interesting to me but I hear a lot of mixed reactions.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Isn't a full season only 10 episodes anyways? Why not finish it out all the way? Anyways last season was a good one, looking forward to seeing what they do with everyone. They could always do a spinoff with Capone.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, they gotta end the whole thing? Can't we just get the Chicago and Chalky show we all want?

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's great if you like historical fiction of the prohibition era, character development, and the occasional violence and action.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The show was doing amazing. They shoudln't have killed Richard off and wrapped it up like they did.

Such an amazing show and they are trying to **** it up.

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

It took me a couple of years to start. When I did though, I finished all 4 seasons in 2 wks (every episode is also 50 minutes...)

Great great show. There are a couple of iconic moments from this show that I will remember along with the likes of Breaking Bad and the Sopranos.

1 person likes this.
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Gonna be bummed to see it go. I imagine it comes down to ratings, it simply isn't as popular as other shows and it isn't a cheap show to produce.

Hopefully, it goes out with a bang... remember, The Wire only had five seasons.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

So did BB, ending on a good note is always good.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Give it the full 12 episodes at least, HBO always does this crap in the last season of a great show. Hell they did the same thing to the Wire in season 5.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

With the last season only being eight episodes, I'd be willing to bet that it'll be a rollercoaster from start to finish. HBO is money when it comes to TV dramas. I'm looking forward to the new one with Matthew Mcconaughey, can't remember the show's name. It should be starting soon, no?

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i will enjoy the ride

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

True Detective, the premiere is this Sunday I believe.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man this really sucks. Easily one of my favorite shows ever. There's so much left to tell (historically). How in the world are they going to wrap it up? I wonder how deep they go into it next season.

Really wanted to see the evolution of guys like Al Capone and Luciano.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I made a mistake. The 8 episode part is only a rumor. Next season being the last was confirmed though.