1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Jul 21, 2010.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yea. My favorite character. I'm pissed.

That scene though where Eli beat the **** out of the fed guy is something I have been looking forward to for some time. It was awesome.

2. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

What was Eli doing with Nelson btw guys? That was interesting.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He's helping Eli hide. He works for Capone which has a partnership with the Thompsons from last season.

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Eli recognized him for sure though...

Nelson never told capone he was an ex-prohibition agent.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That totally slipped my mind. Guess we'll find out how that's resolved 9 months from now.

6. thejav

thejav Member

Richard should not have died..it basically means this series will not have a happy ending..might as well kill everyone and get it over with..no point of watching this show now..

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Season 4 was epic......they took this show from good to great. What a sad way to end it....

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

Always cracks me up when people threaten to quit watching a show because their favorite character was killed off. Happens without fail with every series.

Also, I've had this thought for awhile now. Is the ultimate point of every drama "who dies next?"?

They can just rename all these shows "Who Dies Next?: Prohibition Era Edition", "Who Dies Next?: Zombie Edition", "Who Dies Next?: Drug Trade Edition", "WDN?: Seria Killer Edition", "WDN?: Terrorist Edition", etc, etc.

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

season finale was really good, narcisse lives and chalky's daughter dies that was sad but you could see it coming, really upset that richard is gone,

i wish the scene of finding jimmy's body was a little bit more expanded

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This season was much much better then last. Sucks that Richard is gone but I'm so much more interested in season 5 then I was going into this one.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Caught up just in time to see the finale. Very good season. With Capone taking over and the emergence of Edgar Hoover, this show may very well last for many seasons to come.

12. thabeet

thabeet Member

i think its about time you start addressing him as DY-rec-toar hoover

13. conquistador#11

yet mickey doyle and his annoying laugh live on! grrrr

:p

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

How the **** is he not dead yet?!?!? It amazes me how this guy has slipped through the cracks over and over.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thought this past season was one of the strongest of the series. I had a feeling that Richard was going on his swan song early on, he got a semblance of a happy ending in the afterlife.

16. conquistador#11

eli had the great quote at the beginning of season three or two?, when mickey was picking him up from jail.. "How come you aint dead?"

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Harrow would have been miserable as **** if he had to live with knowing what he had done. Dying was the best thing for him. He got his family and his full face back.

What a great season finale. That fight scene with Eli and Nox was crazy! And the Doctor lives, but Chalky's daughter....NOOOOOOOO! I swear, they better not kill off Chalky before the Doctor.

Best show on TV right now.

18. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Great season. Let us also not forget about the emergence of Patricia Arquette and her...well, you know.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Haha

Question for anyone: how much of the Hoover thing is accurate. Did he disbelieve in going after organized versus going after Marcus Garvey. I'm going to have to look that up

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If I recall correctly, Hoover denied the existence of organized crime well beyond the point of credulity in his career. He was never interested in going after the mafia. Urban legend has it that it was because they had compromising photos of him.

As far as Garvey goes, Hoover famously wiretapped both MLK and Malcolm X. He always saw black leaders as revolutionary threats.