1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, you aren’t supposed to have “political” signatures that appear in every forum on the BBS. If you want to make political statements or post about politics in general (or in particular), the forum to do it in is D&D. @Clutch created it specifically to get politics out of the GARM, out of Dish, out of Hangout, out of everywhere except D&D.

You haven’t been here long, apparently, so you probably didn’t know. This is just a friendly heads-up, but one you’re really ought to pay attention to. Clutch is serious about these things.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What does his sig say? It doesn't show up for me on a mobile. I must warn him, the BBS isn't the place for constructive arguments if he is tempted to wander over there.

raining threes and BigShasta like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m not going to repeat it, silly. As for not being the place for “constructive arguments,” in your case that would certainly be true!
    ;)

xiki, joshuaao, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Thank you!

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i wish he would he sounds way more extreme that even some of the worst

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Not a fan. Never have been. He’s a slightly better fit than Westbrook.

We would go further with Buddy or Malcom next to James

HP3 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re the same dude who’s been dying to get rid of Harden for the longest...of course u would be dying to just rush into any deal that’s out there in order to get rid of him...what a shocker...

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I mean he wants out so let him go.

He belongs to the skreets

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The problem I have from reading your posts is that you are willing to sell at a moderate price.

From my perspective, it makes no damn sense to trade away James right now. He's working hard, he's at practice, and he's engaged trying to help the young guys. He is not trying to sabotage the season at all and I am sure Silas and him are starting to develop a good relationship.

At this point, you have teams that believe they are good, but once the season gets rolling, we will see if any team falls out and suddenly is more eager to trade for James. I want the Rockets to take the wait and see approach and let teams re-evaluate their team 20 games from now. It's possible that knowing that no significant free agents will be available next summer will tempt teams into making bolder moves out of desperation and thus you get more assets.

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You almost make it seem worth it.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yarly .... Tilman being forced to sell is a dream come true for Rockets fans.

Just hope the next owner isn't a fake billionaire .... and has really deep pockets.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

“IF” harden gets hurt we are f$&@?!

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ll confess, I would take less for Harden to end up in Sacramento ;).

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And how does getting a sht or mediocre offer help the Rockets get better? Your pettiness or hatred of harden is clouding your judgement on how to properly handle this situation.

The right thing to do is keep harden since that is truly our best chance to win or we wait to trade him for the best offer.

Your dumb hypothetical of if Harden gets injured, i can counter what if another star wants out, what if Harden changes his mind, if herro get injured, if Simmons get injured. A bunch of what ifs. All I know is right now the offerings right now is garbage and way too risky.

Just bc a star wants out, u don't jump at the offers rn if u can just wait. Dont b a BoB and trade a great talent for sht returns.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

KD blew his achilles and still got a max while not being able to play an entire season. We would still be able to trade Harden for your mediocre package even if he had to play on one leg the rest of his career. All other 29 teams would be willing to give us the scraps you are happily accepting right now with a healthy Harden in his prime.

Scarface and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Love harden but don’t compare him to KD not even close

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Spot on. Look at the garbage in the Brabra thread. You've even got people like DaDakota who have been here forever doing it so it's no surprise that people new to the board are too. Just toxic and completely derails conversations and threads.

raining threes and Deckard like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One thing about Harden is he dont do hurt.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

How ironic it would be for it to happen when he wants out.

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

And isn't a "shut up and listen" guy when he doesn't know what he's talking about it.

Deckard likes this.