1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Can we just get Brown, the 2nd pick, Minnys pick next year and two additional firsts from the Celtics? Throw in Wiggins to make the cap work.

2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

it’s not even close...Tatum. Tatum is untouchable. Smart is hard to part with but ok a necessary cost.

matchesmalone, D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

that’s pretty much universal too- no one would give up tatum. Tbh there’s a mutiny on most Celtics sites giving up brown for harden (I don’t agree with it) but many don’t want any parts of harden.

it’s the same rhetoric u all hear ; iso ball, playoff failure but now compounded by him insisting on brooklyn and nowhere else

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I personally wouldn't do Brown + Smart if I were Houston, I would demand Tatum or move on to Simmons and I agree with your valuation from an outside perspective

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Tatum would be useless. Any players we get need to have long contracts because anyone would run from this clown show the first chance they get.

HP3 and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yea I mean I’m not delusional- u want Simmons. I would too. I’m just saying if there’s an avenue for Boston it’s Tillman’s stubbornness on not dealing with Philly. ( I think he will). If Philly is out then I think the brown smart deal is ab as good as you will get. The reality is tho if any deal is contingent on the Celtics getting into the top 3- it’s not happening imo.

we are hours away from the draft, too many moving parts etc. I’m still saying you get Simmons/thybulle package

fckbandwagons and treyk3 like this.
  7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

tatum is due a max extension- no one has ever passed down a rookie extension and Tatum wouldn’t either. It’s way too risky. Moot point tho bc tatum won’t ever be on the table unfortunately for Houston

joshuaao, D-rock and lakersuck2 like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

****, I'm no insider and I projected this would happen even before Morey ditched us for Philly.

Hield's game + wanting out of Sac, made too much sense for team built around Embiid and Simmons.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Richardson

11. riko

riko Member

contract control on a rookie means less money for Scrooge to fork out. This guy is simply disgraceful

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Yo I’m just saying I’ll be the first to eat **** on this and I don’t think he’s lying but he’s misinformed. That deal isn’t happening I just don’t see it and I don’t see it getting done in 6 hours. I don’t see the rockets taking back Wiggins. The picks ? Yes but not on a Wiggins centered deal

D-rock and mikol13 like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Those people are idiots, Harden would be by far the best player on that team and immediately with Tatum vault them to favorites.

D-rock, DVauthrin and JayGoogle like this.
  14. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

I agree

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

I’m starting to think that will be the ultimate trade partner where James will end up. If he brings a title to Boston his legacy will grow ten folds. Them and the Lakers are the two historically great franchises

16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think that’s a bit harsh to be honest. For the record I’m all in on harden but the reality is we have a perennial all star potential player in brown locked up under 30 million for 4 years. Pairing him we Tatum and internal growth they still will be very good and just made the ECF. Harden is a major flight risk and we just lost kyrie.

the only reason most want to do it is to avoid a Brooklyn super team. If hardens in Philly they were very good but it’s not a juggernaut road block.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Edit @zeeshan2 this is a response to his post about how we will tank and Russ will stat pad.

I believe it. I think we can raise Russ's value if he sticks here. He's certainly going to play angry and motivated and last time he did that he won MVP.

It's kind of crazy people forget this is a guy that dragged a team to the playoffs in the West. If you give him solid players and a top 5 draft pick to work with or a big like Wiseman who can pop out and shoot...you may be getting a better team than you expect.

People **** on this guy as if he isn't a HOF first ballot player.

18. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

There's more to the deal obviously for Houston. This is just the added parts to your 1st offer

D-rock likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm willing to double down here.

There is no deal where Harden goes to the Celtics and Wiggins ends up a Rocket in this same deal.

There is no chance.

Russ for Wiggins and #2 is more realistic.

BHannes2BHonest, BMoney and Boston84 like this.
  20. Boston84

Boston84 Member

right but the main centerpiece coming back in terms of players is Andrew Wiggins? I don’t see it. I’d love to be wrong, just don’t think that gets it done or done at all

D-rock, cmoak1982 and treyk3 like this.