1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I still can’t wrap my head around trading RoCo who fit this team perfectly unless we are trading Harden. Is really puzzling.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

If you're Boston, you really going to complain about Harden running point with Brown at the 2? That's a lethal combo, and i don't see Brooklyn beating them(not to dismiss the Bucks/Raptors/Heat). They can trade Kemba for a position of need-wouldn't run Kemba-Harden-Brown personally.
    So you got Bostons picks that are not any better than Brooklyn and you want to center that package with Brown? Tatum and Smart or gtfo.
    Of course Ainge is impossible to deal with unless he's coming out the clear winner in the trade, so forget about it. Simmons the best we can do if we cant convince Harden to stay.

Rudyc281 and steddinotayto like this.
  3. raining threes

Morey know how to put a team together.

With ownership giving him free rein and budget I'm really interested in seeing what moves he makes. Heild is a perfect fit next to Simmons, particularly if the Levine trade goes through. Morey adding elite shooter and anther guy that's only starting to tap into his potential.

Of course if Boston adds Harden it's gameover in the East.

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

When all this started I didn't even think of Boston as an option. I'm warming to the idea of this assuming the deal is legit

5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Boston benefits quite a bit from an opt in and trade. They can either get a massive TPE or make this a part of a larger deal where the third team gets significant salary cap relief.

Gordon Hayward benefits from an opt in and trade because he is not getting $34 MM in the open market. Also, by getting traded to Atlanta now, he has enough time to register to vote for Loeffler and Perdue.

Atlanta doesn’t really benefit from an opt in and trade. They have $50 MM in cap space. They could very well offer Hayward a massive one year deal if they were so inclined (no one is paying Hayward more than $20 MM imo). I suppose there is some benefit to retaining Hayward’s bird rights, but not nearly enough to justify trading John Collins or another asset.

In fact, my bet is that Atlanta will get some additional incentive to agreeing to an opt in and trade, such as getting off of Dedmon’s deal or receiving a pick.

steddinotayto and raining threes like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Brown (aside for Tatum) is the only piece i have any interest in a Boston package.
    i also had/have interest in Rob Williams on paper, but considering the problems he had/has off the court you have to wonder why Boston is still looking for a center
    The picks they have, current and future ones are ass, if they can use them to land us a top pick or another great young player (like Collins) that's another story then.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Brown, Smart and a bunch of picks isn’t that bad of a deal for Houston. Brown has a ton of potential and is super young. Smart is a great defender and is becoming a better shooter. I wouldn’t hate this. Like the Simmons Phili deal better but Tilman won’t deal with Morey even if it’s a better offer.

8. raining threes

Agreed

Or on ATL's end both.

joshuaao likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ariza being his friend and using one of those picks to package Eric for a big man is all I can think of but even then.

Is Ariza and Myles Turner or Christian Wood better than RoCo and Eric?

Russ
    Harden/ Eric
    House
    RoCo
    PJ

or.

Russ
    Harden
    Ariza/ House
    PJ
    Myles Turner or Christian Wood

or you package those picks with House for a Bamba type.

Russ
    Eric
    PJ/Ariza
    Harden
    Bamba

What's the best mix if you keep Russ and Harden ?

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I want the Rockets version of cyberx to chime in :(

BHannes2BHonest and joshuaao like this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It’s shocking that an NBA team doesn’t want to take on a 32-year-old point guard who makes north of $40 million per season for the next three years, and his game is completely reliant on athleticism.

Nobody could have seen that coming. :rolleyes:

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Buddy would be a great get for Phili. He’s a fantastic 3 point shooter. Morey finally gets his 3 point ace lol

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  14. Denovo

Denovo Member

I’d be happy with either the Simmons package or the Brown package.

Looking forward to reliving the early “2012 Harden” years.

Don’t know why ppl think we would go back to the Kmart years.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

agreed but how wild would it be if he got Hield to ship to us with Richardson and Thybulle? Like wow he got Harden and kept Simmons

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Exactly Harden can get a a young start wing and Westbrook a big.

I’d be happy with Jaylen brown and Aaron Gordon after it’s all said and done

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Buddy would be even better next to Harden lol. That would make sending Simmons to Houston more palpable. Simmons, Thybulle and plethora of picks. Tilman would be stupid to say no.

Harden
    Buddy
    Harris
    No clue lol I would assume Horford would be traded to someone.
    Embid

That’s tough. Even with no clue

D-rock, Caesar, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  18. Denovo

Denovo Member

Right.

Then we could draft and develop a PG like Cole Anthony at 16. Or package Boston picks to move up for a better prospect. Plenty of options to develop a team quickly.

mac_got_this and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Keeping an eye on the Hornets tonight; if the Hornets don't get Ball at their pick, their interest in WB goes up significantly

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

JayGoogle and Rudyc281 like this.