1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

People being down on Brown must have missed watching the bubble playoffs this year. Did he make some mistakes? Sure but who didn't? What I saw was pretty much that team's stabilizer--he shut down Siakam, he made clutch 3s when needed and he handled the ball when no one else wanted to. Tatum got Kobe blood in him in terms of chucking with the green light but Brown did everything else.

Against Miami in the ECF, he show below 50% from the field once and that was Game 1 and shot 17 for 31 from 3s in that series.

Don't be quick to dismiss Jaylen because he's not a ready-made All-Star or because Tatum gets all the headlines. It wasn't too long ago we had mixed feelings about a 6th man of the year award winner coming in as well.

#581 steddinotayto, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    BigMaloe, jch1911, DVauthrin and 4 others like this.
  2. rockets13champs

This Knicks move is interesting. They might be trying to offer 2021, 23rd pick + assets for Russ and 16

3. Sanity2disChaos

This is the only option... don’t want brown as a headliner but Tatum is a superstar!

Tatum/Smart and a FRP or two... bye Felicia aka harden!!

Caesar and mac_got_this like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If that asset isn’t Mitchell Robinson and Frank Ntlikina then Stone will tell them to get bent.

D-rock likes this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Wouldn't Tatum just bail instantly if he got here? Brown already signed his contract, as far as I know Tatum hasn't yet. Don't forget, Tillman is still the owner.

D-rock likes this.
  6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If you have to move forward, then do so. But don’t give Harden up for second-tier or lower potential. Harden’s been durable and in his prime. It makes no sense for the Rockets to sacrifice seasons in the immediate future because they don’t have their picks. You have to compete now. Stone is right for demanding the best players from inquiring teams.
    Side note: if Harden joins a super team in a big market, he might be even greater because he’ll start to get normal calls again

D-rock likes this.
  7. Sanity2disChaos

Aint no buying low on a top 3 player!!!

Hold your water and have some STONES!!!

we want your best or move around!

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

This.

Celtics still need to trade the farm unless we also get Collins from Atlanta for the bad picks Boston has to offer, don't get fooled, Boston always love to overrate their pieces, there's a reason why they haven't been able to contend as expected, and it's not all about them having young players, it's also cause they're not as good as they want you to think.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. TheSource

TheSource Member

Tatum and a pick is the starting point I’m not trading harden for brown sorry

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Where are you guys getting Collins from? Wouldn't Atlanta want a big haul for him? At this point, you don't trade Harden or Westbrook unless the right package comes along. A package of Brown, Collins, Smart and tons of picks is certainly the right package coming along in my mind. Still not sure why Atlanta would part with Collins unless they get multiple picks and Gordon Hayward? Still why not just sign Hayward and keep Collins who is only 23 years old?

Anyways, with this type of package you can actually hang on to Westbrook to start the season and see how the team gels with him as the PG. Would need a legit center somehow too. If Westbrook regains some value then maybe you flip him for a younger player with bright future and/or picks before he loses his value again in the playoffs. You would probably be a playoff team with Westbrook, Smart, Brown and Collins. Don't forget Ariza, Bmac. House, etc. (although I am sure House will be gone for another piece/asset).

joshuaao likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What if Hayward says i'm opting in, I want this deal to be extended, so either wait a year for me or trade for me now? What if Hayward is considering other teams but is willing to be traded to Atlanta to guarantee his money for the year? I don't know why Hawks fans think they are entitled to Gordon Hayward. He will have other suitors. I'm sure he's open to being traded to Indiana too.

Also Hayward is a PF. Boston would theoretically have to send one of their picks to Atlanta to make that work.

Hayward/Collins/Capela do not fit together long term especially considering they have Hunter and Reddish on rookie deals. Collins is going to be asking for a max extension very soon. That's a lot of money to a team that isn't going to compete for anything except a 7/8 seed for the next two or three years. Then Trae Young becomes max eligible. I think you make this move now hoping that one of Hunter or Reddish turn into something more than a prospect by the time they are up for extensions. Hayward will be the PF during this run while the others get a shot to develop at the three. By trading for Hayward and keeping Collins you are capping out their potential in the long term and not going to compete for anything except the playoffs in the short term.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, I agree with you. You don't hand someone one hundred dollars asking for change and accept a twenty dollar bill and three one dollar bills.

I just think the writing is on the wall for Harden's tenure in Houston. Now they're in the "we're comfortable starting the season with them" phase of forcing teams to make serious offers (or match what Houston is asking).

clutch citizen likes this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I see the logic, why not just keep Collins and trade Capela? IF I am the Hawks, there is no need to create a logjam of Hawyard/Collins/Capela since Hayward is not on the team yet. I just don't understand the pursuit of Hayward if it costs you Collins when Collins is clearly the better player with the most potential out of those 3. Anyways, the Hawks may move Collins if they can't afford him but should get a massive haul for him. Maybe Hayward + a pick or 2 is good enough but that would be a bad trade by Atlanta IMO.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

I'm really surprised that the Hawks apparently want Hayward this much/badly.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I completely agree. If I have to trade Harden, I’m comfortable with this return. Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and Terry Rozier carried the Celtics to the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2017-2018 postseason when both Irving and Hayward were injured the entire postseason. Brown’s numbers were suppressed two years ago because Brad Stevens tried to force Gordon Hayward back into the lineup. This season, he averaged 20 points a game on 48% from the field and made two threes per game at a 38% clip. He’s also a good defender. If he had Simmons’ playmaking ability, he’d be neck and neck with him as far as young players go.

Point is, Brown is not forever locked in as being only the third-best player on a championship team, especially with Silas working with him.

#595 DVauthrin, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Denovo, joshuaao and raining threes like this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

both offers are bullshit for not expiring prime Harden. Let's take Bostons offer... even if you COMBINE those players statistics they are still worse than single Harden! **** outta here with bullshit offers like that. Im glad Stone is seeming to play hard ball, give me ALLSTAR PLUS MOUNTAIN or give me another SUPERSTAR + Allstar. This is James ****ing Harden he makes championship favorite to whicever contender he goes no matter who is traded for him

Sanity2disChaos and D-rock like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe because Collins is about to get paid and already turned down an extension with the Hawks (which probably means he wants a max)? I don't know how willing the Hawks are to max him, i thinki they should cause he's really good imo, but who knows. Atlanta also has Hunter and Reddish at the wings, if they plan to get Hayward on a max, they might want to trade someone there. Also cause Trae is also getting his max in a couple of years.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Hawks insider talked from weeks about Hayward going to Atlanta and said that it's a move driven by the ownership, they want to compete as fast as possible, they're just tired of losing.

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  19. Chamillionaire

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/#comments

Update:

He said the Boston beat is speaking nonsense right now.

He also said Boston is getting closer to a Harden trade.

He said Buddy Hield is getting close to being a Sixer.

Harrison Barnes is being heavily shopped.

Russell Westbrook market is nil at the moment. NY and Charlotte are going in a different direction

20. steddinotayto

That Hield move could be pretty good. A shooter like him next to Simmons is a good fit.