1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Simmons has been shoved to the back seat behind Embiid, Tobias Harris, Butler and has been as quiet as a church
    mouse.

I don’t see him exploding while practically running his own team. I don’t want him being the sole driver. This is why
    I had us bring in Bobby Portis, Van Vleet and Jeff Teague. All 3 can shoot 3’s at a decent clip and facilitate to an extent. Had a young 6’6” Scottie Pippin type RJ Barrett with that as well.

Look how drives and bumps Tucker to clear space in first clip.

#481 ApacheWarrior, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/330/#comments

Update:

HOU

My guy thinks HOU is giving him false information based on what he's hearing around the league. HOU might run it back but he thinks they are lying that Harden is fine in Houston. In fact, saying it's just Harden's people is not accurate based on what some agents and players are saying who are saying Harden wants out of HOU. Also, too much is not being made of Westbrook from HOU who also wants out.

Based on what he's getting, Houston a clean slate they can do with Philly outside of Embiid and trading for Westbrook. Considering Houston doesn't have any bad contracts outside of Westbrook, that doesn't mean much. I mean, Philly got most of the bad deals, lol. But what he's hearing from others, not HOU is that it will be a massive draft assets, Ben Simmons, and role players (Richardson, Thybulle, Milton, etc) deal. Houston doesn't want contracts at all. They would to flip everyone but Ben Simmons like OKC. I feel for Silas, this could end up being a rebuilding job. The biggest issue is there are those in the org who think this will be a lost year and a strong draft class. Make trades for 2021 1st rounders (Thybulle and Covington) and move on. You have those who feel like the offer will be there next year, why trade now is what he's hearing based on HOU. From HOU, they are talking run it back but he said Houston has been in trade talks with Philly. Mainly about Horford/Thybulle but PHI thinks the door isn't close to make a move for Harden soon.

LAC/HOU

Westbrook has his suitor in the LAC org aka Paul George but it ends there. He's not highly wanted by LAC. In fact, LAC was really pissed CP3 choose LAC. He hasn't gotten the reasons why CP3 choose PHX over LAC, but the rumblings from the little he got was he learned his lesson in OKC and HOU about where you need to go and younger players aren't so stuck in their ways. His LA guy said Rondo is their main target to replace Reggie Jackson but they want Hassan Whiteside in FA and would like to keep everyone from last year and run it back. There is belief, they don't need a huge change. There is talk to bring Danilo back and Aron Baynes has been the MLE target for awhile. They want to add smart role players is what management is pushing. Their lack of assets is making trades hard for them. They were trying to get guys to opt out into FA but he was told that they didn't have the trading assets to entice a team to do a SnT.

Westbrook

His trade market is beyond ass man. Houston has called damn near everyone about him. He only has two suitors. New York and Charlotte. Charlotte is said to be the most serious. They are open to trading 2nd rounders with expirings. New York is only open to a Julius Randle deal where Houston saves a lot of cap space. Houston reached out to Atlanta to see if there is interest as Westbrook mentioned Atlanta as a team of interest but Atlanta declined the offer. The Atlanta news is not new to me but Charlotte and NY is. There is outside voices saying that HOU could keep him and trade him right around the trade deadline where his market is just much higher and maybe they can get a 1st from a PG needy team. The issue is his contract. No one wants it but Charlotte and NY and even they don't really want it.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

2nd round pick for Westbrook, if that's true, just lol.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

This can't be real life..

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

The way 2020 is going ....

Vivi likes this.
  6. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

I think the WB news is making me more depressed than the Harden stuff. At least we know we get something good back for Harden, WB trade value is like a dumpster fire.......

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

D-rock, HP3, Rudyc281 and 1 other person like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Russell Westbrook is not Ashamed of his Own Value.

Something is Wrong with You Russell Westbrook, have some common sense and work hard on this team and improve yourself on your 3 Point Shot.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Keep both of them and let them suffer in this Circus. Both are spoiled and way too entitled, Ty Lue is not better than Stephen Silas. James Harden has Zero IQ on how to play in the Playoffs, always strolling around half court than double teamed turns into a turnover.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mark Cuban - Russell Westbrook is not a Real Superstar.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/348/#comments

Update

Houston

Westbrook might be stuck in Houston if they don't get the offer they covet for him

Harden will be there for 2020-21. We were just talking about it but we both think New Orleans has the best shot of getting Harden in a rental deal next offseason. Harden, Ball, Ingram, and Zion would be tough and they have a ton of future picks which would appeal to a rebuilding Rockets.

Boston84, DVauthrin and yixiixiy like this.
  12. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

So who is lieing this guy or the other one saying verbal agreement

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Considering neither Woj or Shams has confirmed the report that the Rockets and Nets have struck a verbal agreement, I know which way I’d lean.

D-rock likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

You know why he is talking nonsense? Because harden and lonzo ball will never be good fits

D-rock likes this.
  15. Spooner

Spooner Member

I dont really put much stock into what Supes or anyone outside of Woj says.

Having said that, I watched a ton of pelicans games last year. A point guard with elite defense who shot .375 from 3 last year with potential to improve on that seems to compliment Harden quite well. Lonzo played off ball a lot last year with the offense going through primarily Ingram and with Holiday and Ball splitting usage after that. Ofc this is all hypothetical.

16. riko

riko Member

I don’t see it but it’ll be fun with Harden Zion and Ingram

17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

On mobile so can't copy paste properly but he's saying now there's a deal in the works of Harden and PJ going to Boston for Brown and an insane amount of picks. Involves Atlanta too.

joshuaao, AXG, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

WUT

I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Houston
    Brown
    Smart
    Collins? Hueter? Reddish? Hunter?
    Picks

Atlanta
    Hayward

Boston
    Harden
    PJ

Cdub37 likes this.
  20. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Here it is -

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/?do=findComment&comment=1041911

This is strange. I got word of another MEGA deal which Atlanta is in. This one involves Boston and James Harden. Boston would be cashing in it's chips basically. Hawks are financing the deal. Why, because Boston is compensating us well.

Boston will be taking on P.J. Tucker, Dedmon, and James Harden.

Boston will be sending out an insane amount of picks, Jaylen Brown, and filler, to Houston and obviously Hayward is already going to Atlanta but we are financing the deal.

Harden hasn't mentioned Boston as a team of interest but it doesn't seem like Boston gives a damn. This is crazy to me because Boston has told people they are not interested in a move for Harden but that's not what he's hearing.

Once again, Atlanta will be compensated (1st rounder) for their help.

Westbrook might be stuck in Houston until they can get what they want for him.

This is not a done deal but damnit, it's in the works.