1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks shopping Paul Millsap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2016.

1. riko

riko Member

Bro the Hawks love muscala who is out performing Dwight in some nights so homie we aint getting no muscala in any deal that u put forward

saleem likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dekker very well can win you PO games, he is exactly the kind of player that actually wins the playoffs games...

ilovehtownbb and Downtown Sniper like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

milsap is old i doubt we trade our promising youngsters dekker and harrel for rental of him
    they rotation player on contender, next year they both may play on level of draymond green
    it would be like trading draymond in 2014 right before he become star

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

korver is a former dirty jazzhole about to turn 36 in a couple months. no f'n way he belongs on this team

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Agreed.

Dekker is the type of player a championship team needs.

I very clearly see him being a James Posey type player who is absolutely crucial to a championship team.

There's no way I'm offering him for Korver.

ilovehtownbb and ramotadab like this.
  6. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Morey is not making any significant moves this season, forget about it. Team is doing amazingly and he will see where it goes.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

No, Cletus, they are trading him for assets. If he leaves FA they get the "cap space."

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The whole deal would be for picks. We would give them a low first round pick and a high second round pick for a half season rental and bird rights.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've given up on Millsap.

McDaniels, Ennis and Gentile for Korver? This is, for all intents and purposes, just rights to Gentile for half a season of Korver. I genuinely think the whole "Hawks University" thing they got going on there might turn Gentile into an NBA player.

Would love to then sign Chalmers who is close to returning. I think he would like to go to the Grizzlies but we are now significantly better in the standings and will have decent minutes to give. Might be a good fit here.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

the only spot up for grabs is bobbys and maybe kj

doubt any trades are made

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Wait til summer, they'll crawl to us for cheap

Scarface likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think if Millsap gets traded, it will have to be to a team with whom he agrees an extension/re-signing. Otherwise the offers will be far worse and Hawks won't pull the trigger >> THAT would be best case scenario for us.

Truth be told though, I think Raptors, Celtics, Thunder and Pistons will make excellent offers for him.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My post was made on July 2nd wrt how Atlanta gets Howard while keeping Bazemore and Horford. It's no longer relevant since they lost Horford.

Thought maybe the fact we no longer have capspace would have clued you in on the date of my post, "Cletus" :)

malakas likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

These offers, even for Korver, are extremely light. We have nothing to offer of value in terms of players unless we are including dekker or Harrell. If your offer doesn't include one of them then it needs to include a first round pick.

Set your sights on sefolosha and maybe you can start talking about second round picks.

Need to remember that both Korver and sefalosha are exactly the type of player that contenders will be after.

15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Wish we could have. Forget the points he could score, he's a very solid rebounder and is a good FT shooter(I think)

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Not a single GM in the league will give up a good first rounder or a productive asset on a rookie contract for half a season of a 35 year old underperforming Korver. Even the Hawks GM knows that and so when he makes Korver available, he knows what he might get.

Just think about it. You are practically guaranteed to get Dekker's existing performance for 2.5 more years at a few million dollars total. Then he is your RFA and so he is under team control at market price. You could potentially have Dekker for his best 6 years and for the sum total of those 6 years you would pay what, at most, an average of $8m per season? That's a bargain. Korver will retire before Dekker hits his prime.

So you trade that for half a season of Korver, and then either extend him expensively to be a 35 year old elite shooter who can do little else, or let him walk? Korver will probably command something like $10m per season in this market? I could be wrong about that, but it can't be too far off from that.

Doesn't make sense man. All GM's know this. Hawks will want a young prospect, but they will not get a young asset on a rookie deal performing really well for the 4th best team in the league. This is all while acknowledging the undeniable fact that Korver is an elite shooter, pretty decent passer and puts some work in on defense (though he is not a good defender).

They will trade Korver for a pick in the 20-32 range or equivalent value imo. Dekker and Harrell at this particular point in time are worth more than that. You wouldn't trade Dekker or Harrell right now for the 20th pick in the 2017 draft. Probably not even the 15th pick. And this is allegedly a deep draft.

#336 Mathloom, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Anyone clamoring for Korver (while wanting to move Dekker, Harrell, picks, etc. to get him) hasn't really followed his production the past couple of years. The Korver from 2014 no longer exists. That being said, he'd be a nice addition to the bench but not for any of our young/cheap pieces.

I'd give them a Gentile or a heavily protected 2nd Rounder or Brewer and that's it.

BigMaloe, LjGarci and ilovehtownbb like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

I dont believe that Korver will net the Hawks a first rounder. But a "prospect" the caliber of Vonleh, Mclemore, Valentine.. maybe.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think we can trade for Millsap if we're not willin to trade Anderson. I also don't think Bud is looking to a rebuild, it's hard to believe that since he's a coach imo. In the end, if we're willin to trade Ryan we may have a big chance, if not, others will get him.

craguin likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be extremely worried to give up a PF that can justly shoot 10-15 threes a game. It is CRITICAL for our style of play at this point.

I would be much more interested in playing Millsap at C as opposed to PF. We need to stay dangerous...