1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you watched less Rocket games this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, Feb 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

The only ones I miss are the ones on NBA TV since they black those games out on League Pass for some reason.

I won't watch some games when they play a really crappy team.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

90% of the games, and thats just because I watch every live game that I can, but usually I am working and have to NBALP the wins. I'm sure if I worked days I'd see all 82.

When I STARTED getting NBA LP a long long time ago...I made myself not look at the score all night, then watch it when I got home, win or lose, so I could enjoy it like it was live.

That ended up not being very fun, lol. After every loss I was like well sht thats 2hrs of my life unnecessarily gone!

If my wife is home I'll leave my tablet on next to me with the game going, while we watch something else on tv for her sake. If I get a night off, she doesn't wanna use 3 of those hrs with me possibly getting stupid upset lol, so with no sound, no big screen, and something funny on, I usually react better to whats going on beside me lol.

3. DreamEarlNolan

I've watched every game this year, and in many ways this has been the most enjoyable Rockets team to watch since the Olajuwan years. Seeing Harden take that next step to possibly being the best player in the league, the improvement of DMo's post game, the second unit becoming a force with Brewer and Smith, the Rockets exceeding most of the so called experts predictions for this year have all been fun to watch. I also have to admit that even though I liked the guy, it has been nice to come onto the forums and not have every thread dominated by discussions of Lin. I can't understand how anyone would be less enthused to watch Rockets games this year than years past.

4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Also the fact that everyone was dissing harden and the team all summer long makes it much more fun to watch. Loving every minute this season, especially the defense

5. MONON

MONON Member

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'll tape most games, so I can watch them later (I hate commercials). I'll watch most games live when I can.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah. He does nothing but whine about the team yet says he doesn't watch the games he's whining about. The irony!

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

That's subjective. What are you basing this off of? We don't know how well this team will fare in the playoffs yet so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Watch games?

The all wise and all knowing lord Morey instructed us sheep to flip a coin at game time and that was all that was necessary.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I watch every game I can and I pity the fool who doesn't. Harden is beasting.

10. moose

moose Member

watched 90% of games.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I watch so much Rockets, my wife tells me if I ever follow a 2nd team or sport like I do the Rockets, then we're gonna hafta talk.

People should be watching them more now that they're on everyone's cable.

Enjoy the good times my friends. Rockets ball hasn't been this much fun in a looooong time.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If you don't hear everyone once in a while "another rockets game? Didn't they just play!?"
    Then you're not doing it right. (Or your better half is a hardcore fan too)

Jk my wife is great cause she tolerates my 82 game watchin a**

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wish I could watch them, but I'm in an area that only offers Dish Network. But really, the most disconcerting thing about the GARM these days is the sheer number of depressing and moronic threads about a team that's 40-18.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He just went to my ignore list and a few others too. Im about to add a few more. Everybody gets added today Cuh.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I knew you wasn't loyal

16. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Been watching or listening to 85-90% of the games for over 30 years. Why would I stop now?

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The rockets haven't had any playoff success since the 90s.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No change, of course. I watch the games, excepting the rare trip to the Toy Box, from Austin on League Pass and NBAtv, ESPN and TNT, with an ABC game every Blue Moon. We're having a great season. What a lousy time to be viewing fewer games. Someone would have to be nuts to do that!

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Usually 99% of the games a yr but school has caused me to drop to probably 80% this season and sometimes streams just don't work. Will probably get ball streams next season.

20. tdo

tdo Member

OP is talking about watching regular season games, so I am pretty sure his response was saying best regular season for the Rockets since the 90s. Now it is still somewhat subjective, and depends on how we finish the season, but our pace as of now would be the best regular season Rockets team since the 90s.