1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you experienced these painful bites?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Buck Turgidson, deb4rockets and J.R. like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Praying mantisis(ees) are bad****ingass. They're my buddies, I watch them destroy bugs on my rose bushes and herbs and eat random worthless bugs on the porch screen.

That's right, he's eating his brain.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Stocking up.

https://www.ebay.com/p/2128507624?i...GX12o4iCbvc8BzhX0nt6Blq5Y3KF1dz4aApbqEALw_wcB

Although from what I’ve read there’s 0% chance they’d come to Houston, they don’t like the plains. RIP Dallas though.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I haven’t seen a praying mantis in forever. Where do you see them hanging out taking bug lives?

5. Buck Turgidson

6. Buck Turgidson

All over my yard, garden. I can sit at the porch table and watch them kill bugs on the outside of the screen. It's awesome, they'll just creep....and creeeeep......slowly....and then get close enough to GO FULL VIOLENCE all of the sudden, and they're tearing that bug to pieces, literally.

My lizard friends do the same but they tend to swallow things whole, like the snakes.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Man I get these damn cicada killer wasps like crazy. Apparently they don’t harm people, and they’ve never stung me, but it scares the hell out of me to see these wasps the size of my index finger crawling on my patio. Maybe the mantises could throw down with them.

8. Buck Turgidson

Thunderdome

Those guys are harmless but awesome, like you said.

The only **** I put poison on is the fire ants (I ****ing hate fire ants), a sprinkle of Ortho Orthene around the mound and they're dead in 12 hours or less.

eta: speaking of Thunderdome, you've never seen a tarantula wasp fight a tarantula up close, no?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I get giant spiders in my pool, but no tarantulas. I think the spiders I get are just wolf spiders? Whatever the ones that swim are.

stinging insects, I get overwhelmed with dobbers (but they’re harmlsss), yellow jackets, and cicada killers. A guy trimming my palms last year hit a red wasp nest and they went nuts for a few minutes.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This snake made my stomach drop and caused me to jerk back as I walked over to my garden. IMG_20200509_192806.jpg
    My lovely brother knows I am terrified of snakes, so he snuck into my back yard and planted the dreaded rubber snake.

Surfguy likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#ForwardsFromDeb

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You guys should watch the Monster Bug Wars videos on YouTube if you've never watched them on tv... all kinds of entertainment there. :D

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Metal AF right there.