1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you been more excited about the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vengeance, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Ya know, I saw that too!! I almost posted about it, but I wasn't sure if they showed it on TV or just at the game. It was neat because the rest of the team(s) ran down court, Yao Ming was running and grabbed Steve's arms to pull him up and kindof fell down ontop of Steve. It was kindof funny.

2. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

u are perfect right. That scenario really impressive me a lot. i wonder if u guys feel that when they "were running back on D" ,it seems for me a beautiful omen for the team. they run in such a unstopable, coorprative,
    vigour and vital way. there are definately some obstacles on their heading. but they are ready for overcoming.

How luck we are to be the witness of the progress for a championship team and a dynasty!

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

After growing up in Houston, I've been living in Los Angeles and New York for the last 15 years. I've never lost my love for the Rockets, though -- I pissed off many Knicks fans with my screaming and taunting in New York sports bars during the finals in '94.

I have to say, though, that this year's team has actually made me think about moving back to Houston and nabbing season tickets at the new arena for next year. I still have to convince myself that moving for a basketball team is a SANE thing to do, though!

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

No never been more excited only 118 days till i get to see a game live in Htown!!

5. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Guess its excitement, but at least a feeling. During the 15 game 1993 winning streak, the Rockets started to get contributions from somebody new every game..I remember thinking , there is something special about this team, could tell they were coming together.
    I kind of get the same feeling about todays team, they are coming together..something special is happening here.

6. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I was realy excited when we traded for Eddie Griffin. I was even more excited about Griffin than I was about Yao, go figure :confused:. But right now I am pretty excited about this Rocket team, not realy for this year, but for the future.

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Derrock, DUCK

Not to digress from this thread topic, but like the previous poster, I too am from New York. Got relatives in Houston and spent an awesome week there not too long ago. (Houstonian hospitality is A+ FYI) But I-59 really does suck. And what's wrong with 10E?

But anyways, I went to a Rox game at the Compaq Center and I can't tell you how much I like the place vs. the other places I've been. Most familiar to me is Madison Square Garden, which IMHO, is the most excessively priced and oversized place you can be... Compared to $70 face value tix at MSG, I was sitting in the equivalent seats at Compaq C for $10 - TOTALLY SWEET :D. MSG is just so bad now. All you get are the richy rich corporate types who are as committed to their home team as Enron execs were to running an honest biz :)p couldn't resist!)

Oakland Arena (or Network Coliseum as they call it) is OK too. It has the same set up as Compaq Center - two levels 100s and 200s which makes for nice viewing all around (MSG has a third level that actually get's cut off by the skyboxes). Problem is Oakland has a cra*py, errr, bad team.

Anyways, IMO, the tix pricing at Compaq is great. Great team. Great mgmt. I'm really looking forward to checking out the new arena. Let's hope they don't jack up the prices too much.

-peace

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I can NOT wait for the new arena. I have watched the building progress each step. I work 3 blocks away. It is changing the landscape for the south part of downtown in a great way. The roof is almost completed. The best part is I will be able to park at work and walk over there. (They should ban all corporations from buying public seats and limit them to Suites only) That way the real fans could get a decent seat. I also have noticed the rockets marketing group are doing a better job of getting to their fans. "I have been called 3 times in the last 2 months with season tickets offers"

9. feishen

feishen Member

1 hour and half, that is baby shower in LA, people
    still flock into staple's to watch clippers from all diretions. THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE!