1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have the rockets received trade calls on KPJ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by studogg, Dec 19, 2022.

1. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

You know what's fun? Reading your posts out loud, hollering and shrieking the phrases in capitals. :D
    You could choose to emphasize your points with italics or underlining but NOOO.
    YOU HAVE TO SHOUT THEM AT US TILL YOU GO RED IN THE FACE AND HAVE AN ASTHMA ATTACK!

clutchdabear and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The road to redemption is measured by years not days. Heck it hasn’t even been a year since his last incident. Saving grace, no food was wasted that time.

clutchdabear, Nook and aaquaa like this.
  3. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Sure, man... The evidence is here for all to see.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s way way too much to say kpj is selfish and needs to go.

LeDakota likes this.
  5. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

OKC, Pistons, and maybe charlotte. I don’t think they would even want him.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I really like him too but he’s very much all heart and hustle right now. I haven’t necessarily seen him play in a smart way yet…maybe he doesn’t need to but there is a 50/50 ball thing happening around him all the time on both ends of the court and sometimes that’s a very good thing and other times you wish you had a more measured player in there for him. Hard to trust him as a full time starter just yet.

fattz likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

SOUNDS GOOD !

It is emphasis, but you do you broseph!

DD

aaquaa likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

If someone could print this out and send it certified mail to Stone/Silas that would be great.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And him and his agent will NOT pout about being traded to LA to play 3rd banana essentially to Lebron and AD.

Right now I think the comp for both 1st round picks is Turner and Hield, or essentially one pick for each. It's hard to say if KPJ matches that type of value right now. I would say no personally, but it's hard to say what a team like LA views in terms of upside potential and the flexibility of that contract. It's painfully obvious that the Lakers aren't getting any type of upside talent in the draft in the next 6 or 7 years so maybe they pay a bit more for KPJ knowing he's got a next level to achieve where Hield might be viewed as capped.

10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

A trade call for kpj is a good prank idea for a radio show :D

King1 and clutchdabear like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't decide whether Stone is very smart or very dumb in his "using" of KPJ. If he's that smart as you speculate, then he is more cunning and coldblooded than Morey. I kind of don't want to believe that. And Silas doesn't come across as a calculating kind of guy. So Stone would have to mislead Silas or force him to put up a front about KPJ as well .

fattz likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That part is easy. Silas wants to coach a playoff team, that's what he came for. He'll do everything Stone says as long as he gets to have a shot at the playoffs.

I do believe Stone is more cunning than Morey, though I don't know yet if he's a better GM.

fattz and Easy like this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I can believe it. He got KPJ to not only sign a contract that can allow us to cut him before next season with no further losses AND convinced KPJ and his stans that the "big contract" means the FO believes in him.

fattz and Easy like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not hard to fool KPJ stans…KPJ probably made the right decision with that contract because he at least gets 16 mil guaranteed no matter what…with the way he’s been playing this season, he’s lucky he’s getting even just that

15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Lolol facts.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Send him to Dallas to sabotage their future, AGAIN!

LeDakota, TimDuncanDonaut and King1 like this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Part of me thinks Cuban sent Silas here and hes still working for the Mavs. He's probably still bitter about Parsons. Boban too.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They'd get hung up on. The only people who thing he's an NBA player are his 6 fans on here

LeDakota, clutchdabear and J.R. like this.
  19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member