1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have the Rockets burned too many bridges to attract good coaches?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by by78, May 7, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Will you please quit starting so many threads?

You can put all of your "I hate Daryl Morey" ideas into just a few.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pat riley > morey

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I love it - someone tries to introduce actual facts into the discussion and not a single person comments on it because it's more fun to speak in ignorance...

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

RC > Mauri
    Bob Myers > Murray
    Danny Ainge > Moronic

Several other GM's > Morey

5. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Houston since 92-93
    Rudy T>JVG>Adelman>McHale>JBB

SAS since 92-93
    Tarkanian>Hughes>Lucas>Hill>Pop

It was true before McHale was fired

6. dmoneybangbang

So Morley is 6th or 7th best GM?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its people feeding off of each other's ignorance.

It takes but a second to put yourself in the shoes of a person applying for a job that has a history of showing zero loyalty, unrealistic demands, and kicking to the curb at any point.

Of course this doesn't mean they can't get coaches. Its just that coaches will probably hold out and keep this at the bottom of their list unless mega extra $$ are involved.

The second point is James Harden, Kevin Harlen's quote from Mchale still rings.

"Young stars that think they've done it all and know everything."

Imagine trying to coach that mental midget bearded rodent.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Let's be truthful : 80% of the negativity about Morey is people disliking his demeanor that they perceive to be "smug", and him getting over-excessive love from actual fans of a gm.

Its less to do with actual basketball moves. It doesn't excuse actual bad basketball moves. Though it makes it tough to guage a performance accurately

Why are people so caught up in judging character and letting that be what decides heir opinion on a person?

But I've never understood the "(player)-OF" or "(player)-OH" thing eithe . Or the "I,don't like that team because of their FANS". I don't watch FANS on TV, its not FANS Sports or CHARACTER Contests, its athletes playing a game and management making moves.

(I hate the lack of HUSTLE and care from players far WORSE than undeserved irrational fan support. Oh well, FIRE Dorkyl MAUORIEY)

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

if van gundy comes back, im good. hire battier as an assistant.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nope

Try lower

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Better question:

Has OP burned too many bridges to ever be considered a good poster? :rolleyes:

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ok, since the 07-08 season in the West --

Warriors -- 4
    Spurs -- 1
    Clippers -- 4
    Blazers -- 3
    Thunder -- 3
    Jazz -- 3
    Pelicans -- 5
    Mavericks - 2
    Kings -- 7
    Lakers -- 5 (not including Walton)
    Grizzles -- 4
    Nuggets -- 4
    Wolves -- 5 (not including Thibs)
    Suns -- 5 (not including Watson)

You're right man, we aren't living up to the free agent potential of Dallas and San Antonio. Coaches are always going to stick up for coaches. But unemployed coaches are not going to weep over an ill conceived firing.

And yes, they do consider the long term habits of an owner and GM. Good coaches are going to want stability. And Les Alexander has a history of supporting coaches for good stretches, even when they don't produce. In the long term we are way above average in terms of the number of coaches in franchise history. In the short term we are exactly where the rest of the league is.

But you're just desperately seeking another reason to call Rockets fans "delusional," aren't you?

14. dmoneybangbang

O rly? Keep building that list, lets see where you rank Morey when you actually list out the GMs.

I don't expect a coherent answer from a troll.

15. dmoneybangbang

Because people are inherently fearful of things hey don't understand. What you are seeing on CF is a bunch of emotional beings sticking to narratives that placate their egos. DD is the ultimate example of an emotional being that can't see how often they contradict themselves.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Actually, it's moronic troll posters like yourself that are running the GARM into the ground. It's borderline unreadable because of diarrhea-like posts coming from total assclowns like yourself.