1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have NBA Fans lost trust and given up on the NBA Product

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Stepback3GOOD, Jan 23, 2019.

1. pippsux

pippsux Member

Wow, here I was thinking I was the only one. Excellent observation. Again I say NBA has let the genie out and Aladdin refuses to go back in. As soon as LeBron took his talents to South Beach, and KD wiggled his skin to the warriors....... The league was over. Stern, would never have let this happen.

Bearded13 and Stepback3GOOD like this.
  2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Over the past a few years I have come to believe the NBA is on some degree rigged. Favorable officiating towards certain teams and players have been quite obvious.

The league help creating dynasties, legends, rivals, and the drama around them by influencing the results of the games when needed. It keeps people caring, sharing, talking, debating, and staying excited about the NBA.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well harden is doing something historic. Basically going super saiyan on everyone's asses while carrying an anchor of a team is quite interesting

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

after the outcry of biased officiating in game 6 I told my friend watch in game 7 there will be a bunch of calls early on GS to get them in the penalty but then not too many free throws for the Rockets for the quarter and the rest of the game probably a whistle for the Warriors.

Thats pretty much what exactly happened. Klay got 3 quick early fouls and everyone started to talk about ...well the whistle isn't going GS' way now. And then what happens? Horrible non-calls going GS favor, calls going GS favor. But everyone still remembers the early fouls on Klay but not what was going on in front of them (well except Webber who was screaming at the lack of no calls on Hardens 3s.)

I agree that some refs will be different from other refs but I don't like how big the variance is. It can go from not being able to look at a player without being called for a foul to having a wrestling match and nothing is called.

Jake Tower and clutchdabear like this.
  5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i only watches big games right now. if not for hardens potential back to back mvp run i wouldnt be that interested. but if theres really a script to rig games then it would be more interesting if the WARRIORS LOSES to the ROCKETS this season. 5 all star starting line up vs MVP harden is a great narrative. harden though a very polarizing player who many casual fans says is boring is still getting a lot of press. im sure its because he gets lot of clicks. peeps may not be voting for him but they are interested in him. i means casual fans always check his number of freethrows so that they can troll. the nba need a THIRD MAJOR STAR and its harden. they use to think it could be westbrook after durant choose to be currys henchman. but they were wrong just like okc was wrong in choosing wb over harden. so yeah nba make harden ur darling. let us get the ring. make it the ultimate underdog story.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@MystikArkitect @The_Yoyo

regarding the two notable games mentioned here -- game 7 and recently at philly....

what are the odds that out of 70 active refs, mike callahan just happened to work both of those?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I was right there with you until Harden began this truly historic run and the Rockets started winning in spite of all the injuries... It was the most I've been able to not care about the league for quite some time, but I just love the Rockets too much to ignore a stretch like this. It was 2008-streak-esque. I'm totally one of the reasons the NBA knows they can get away with this bullsh!t, heh.

... I also started to remind myself of how badly the Mavs got jobbed by the refs in 2006, and then in 2011, when everyone thought they were washed up, they go on one of the most impressive title runs since the Rockets in 95. I don't want to miss it if that's what happens to the Rockets this year, but I don't think I'll be able to handle it if the refs eff us (or any GS opponent, really) again...

92i, Easy and Jake Tower like this.