1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have a hotel booking question (Lost Pines)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Dec 16, 2014.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Hi Guys,

I am looking to stay at the Lost Pines resort near Austin.

When I use hotels.com it has extra fees show up. Normal stuff like local taxes etc.

But somehow on another browser I have the Singapore Hotels.com come up and it doesn't display the same taxes.

I know there is a resort fee I have to pay no matter what but will I have to pay all the other taxes at the hotel in person?

Another weird thing is if I use the Lost Pines hotel website to book rooms at a higher rate ti is cheaper than hotels.com with a lower rate because hotels.com charges all these taxes.

Which one is actually cheaper at the end of the day?

Thanks in advance.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Call that hotel. They will be more than happy to help you.

3. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Sounds like booking through the hotel is the way to go

4. Dream Sequence

always book direct...and always check the specials tab on any hotel's website for possible deals that might make sense...

5. rage

rage Member

In my experience you can actually get better deals from these booking sites, Hotels.com, Expedia ... the reason being they attract more users and the hotels advertise thru them with a discount.

If you go to the hotels directly they would just give you their regular rates.
    There are exception of course. On the day you call, if they need to fill up a number of rooms, they may give you a special deal.

The bottom line is check with both. These days, it's easy to do.

As far as taxes and fees, once you made your selection and ready to make your reservation, the websites will display all the figures for you.

6. Another Brother

Great place to stay.
    Above average restaurants for a hotel, it's like summer camp for adults. I don't know about the taxes but I highly recommend this place. The property itself is huge. It took us 10 minutes to drive through the beautiful winding roads on the property to actually get to the hotel.

7. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

I think you would be served by going directly through Hyatt. If you have not already, sign up for their gold or platinum membership online. If you can, transfer some points into your account from cc or airline. Then call and speak to someone on the phone and see what kind of deal you can get vs the website for that set of days. Negotiation is always asking for something better...and showing you have options...not being a bulldozer but asking what else can they do. You may be able to get price break, upgrades, lounge privileges, etc ...or even transfer future benefits to your next stay. I've been really happy with what I could do with Hyatt if I spoke to someone.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Have you tried out trivago.com for your dates to compare the cheapest rates? I can recommend that site.

9. Uprising

Uprising Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you can go and see if you find a lower rate on trivago for your dates than on Hyatt's official site. If so, you can try to take advantage of their BRG as Uprising posted. However, they have become more restrictive when it comes to that...they try to refuse it based on the fact that one rate has different cancellation periods or breakfast/no breakfast, etc. - basically, they will usually try to wiggle out of it. But good for you if you can get that. Are you a Hyatt Goldpassport member? If not, register and collect the points. Might add up over time. Until very recently, they also had a trial signup for their Diamond status, which would have given you 4 suite upgrade certs to try out, but they (understandably) abolished that.